IPF / OCS - Informational Updates

bull2bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

Building material/supplies are starting to drop, which will bode well for construction costs.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

21 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

That would be good. Some sort of social berm. I could get behind that a little bit more. Or some sort of flex space where temporary seating could be brought in for the bigger games. It is exciting discussing what an OCS is going to look like. I am looking forward to seeing it come to fruition. 

Berms are always cool at the stadiums in the North--they don't have Fire Ants. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774

1 minute ago, Rob-Bull said:

Building material/supplies are starting to drop, which will bode well for construction costs.

If I had to guess, we haven’t seen the full extent of what will happen with prices. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

3 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

In the beginning of your reply is where you went wrong. We didn’t expect (at least us here and others around the country) realignment to happen like this. These are massive plans and not a home being built in the Tampa Bay Area. Let’s do it right and not rushed for the sake of all parties involved. Also, have you payed attention to the issues with supply chain? They get cheaper if the economy is going to hit the fan!!!!

Some of us did see this coming. I posted a year ago that the B1G was going to poach teams from the PAC in order to leverage more money in their new media rights deal, specifically highlighting how both existing deals expire in 2024. Texas to the SEC (or PAC) has was a move that had been talked about for a long time. The path to two superconferences has been pretty obvious for awhile. It's ok to admit that USF wasn't proactive enough and is now being reactive in the game of musical chairs that is taking place. If there is no benefit to getting the project done sooner than later, so be it, but it is a point that can be discussed. Your point banking on a global recession leading to a significant reduction in prices is fair. 

• Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,589
  • Days Won:  13

36 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Just a guess here, but I’m betting we see some design with 35k actual “seats,” but some kind of additional room for students to watch games without seating like a grass  hill or something similar.  So maybe 35k seats, but 40k+ occupancy.

Mike Kelly said this very thing in the June BOT meeting... He called them "social areas" - which means places for students to hang out without being in seats.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774

15 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Some of us did see this coming. I posted a year ago that the B1G was going to poach teams from the PAC in order to leverage more money in their new media rights deal, specifically highlighting how both existing deals expire in 2024. Texas to the SEC (or PAC) has was a move that had been talked about for a long time. The path to two superconferences has been pretty obvious for awhile. It's ok to admit that USF wasn't proactive enough and is now being reactive in the game of musical chairs that is taking place. If there is no benefit to getting the project done sooner than later, so be it, but it is a point that can be discussed. Your point banking on a global recession leading to a significant reduction in prices is fair. 

If realignment is happening now for the next year or two. We are still late if the stadium is bumped up a year. The stadium is coming either way. USF is late and not much we can do about it. The train is rolling and they have a plan for the OCS.

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

19 minutes ago, Rob-Bull said:

Agree materials are beginning to come down, but they will never get back to 5 years ago prices. In 5 years costs will be higher than what they are today, IMO. In construction costs inherently grow over time

• Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Agree materials are beginning to come down, but they will never get back to 5 years ago prices. In 5 years costs will be higher than what they are today, IMO. In construction costs inherently grow over time

Also, recessions typically last less than 1 year. Of course, we have no idea how a recession following a global pandemic and years of protectionary financial measures will unfold, but I don't know how much USF will benefit from a recession if ground isn't going to be broken until early to mid 2024. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

This threads original post was pitching the idea of some type of lagoon, the consensus seemed to be thats stupid. If they're looking to do something to make this stadium unique how about...doing something similar to Baylors stadium where they have a ring of shade around the stadium. But then that shade extends past the stadium in a similar way to the new Hawaii stadium (link under the image), only for us it extends off both ends in the shape of Bull Horns.

Would give our stadium an iconic aerial view as it would look like our logo from above. And it would provide practical uses for the fans. Shade inside the stadium, and overhanging shade outside the stadium at the concourses, so while waiting in line to get in you are also waiting in the shade

mclanestadium.jpg

http://stadiumdb.com/img/news/2017/04/09aloha2.jpg

Edited by bulloni
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, bulloni said:

This threads original post was pitching the idea of some type of lagoon, the consensus seemed to be thats stupid. If they're looking to do something to make this stadium unique how about...doing something similar to Baylors stadium where they have a ring of shade around the stadium. But then that shade extends past the stadium in a similar way to the new Hawaii stadium (link under the image), only for us it extends off both ends in the shape of Bull Horns.

Would give our stadium an iconic aerial view as it would look like our logo from above. And it would provide practical uses for the fans. Shade inside the stadium, and overhanging shade outside the stadium at the concourses, so while waiting in line to get in you are also waiting in the shade

mclanestadium.jpg

http://stadiumdb.com/img/news/2017/04/09aloha2.jpg

Or a September downpour.   Yep.  I am all for incorporating the Bull horns.