IPF / OCS - Informational Updates

bull2bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  359
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, bulloni said:

The price point and the size seem really similar to San Diego State's stadium thats opening this year. Seeing pictures of that now that its almost completed has me completely okay with our stadium being a USF version of theirs. Lots of luxury seating and a lot of different seating levels like mentioned in the ITN. Nobody would mistake it for a high school stadium either like certain school's rust buckets

Also built so its expanded to up to 55k (now 35k with a lot of standing room)

FUa5q3AUcAAPh-s?format=jpg&name=large

Wow, that looks way bigger than a 35k stadium. Love the design and it will look amazing on TV. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  496
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/29/2022 at 1:17 PM, Triple B said:

Although I get your point there, you're not going entice the type season ticket investors you need to make this thing viable with a gimmick. If this can be done without taking any monies away from the actual stadium, go for it, even though I personally think it's clownish .....

It's about growing the brand...I don't think people really care if the Savannah Bananas win, it's all about the experience. Families want to come out and see it. In a market where there are tons of other options, not every person is going to want to come for the draw of football...not even the students. It needs to be a full experience. Lagoon or fireworks or bouncy houses or raves or whatever...its about an experience that connects people of all ages to the university and to the team. I can tell you personally that even my oldest couldn't really pay close attention to the game until he was 7...young alumni have young kids. There should be a draw. Just no clowns.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

14 minutes ago, mj796 said:

It's about growing the brand...I don't think people really care if the Savannah Bananas win, it's all about the experience. Families want to come out and see it. In a market where there are tons of other options, not every person is going to want to come for the draw of football...not even the students. It needs to be a full experience. Lagoon or fireworks or bouncy houses or raves or whatever...its about an experience that connects people of all ages to the university and to the team. I can tell you personally that even my oldest couldn't really pay close attention to the game until he was 7...young alumni have young kids. There should be a draw. Just no clowns.

Who has less disposal income than young families? Not saying you totally ignore that demographic but that's not who, initially at least, you're going to need to target to get this thing off the ground .... and fireworks, bouncy houses, whatever are fine but you don't pour a lot of money into infrastructure aimed at them.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

On 6/17/2022 at 12:07 PM, DontPushMe said:

I just don't understand why this is happening now. Who is going to show up to watch us play rice or Charlotte in this stadium? This should have happened 15 years ago but since it didn't there's no point chasing sunk costs. I wish we'd just shut down the program altogether and focus on other things. 

hindsight is 20/20

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

21 hours ago, John Lewis said:

If 2026 is the goal, then construction should begin some time in 2024.

this is fantastic news

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774

16 hours ago, Triple B said:

Who has less disposal income than young families? Not saying you totally ignore that demographic but that's not who, initially at least, you're going to need to target to get this thing off the ground .... and fireworks, bouncy houses, whatever are fine but you don't pour a lot of money into infrastructure aimed at them.

Aren’t they building another lagoon community in the Tampa area? The people like water. Like I said before, not sure this is the right move. But it’s clearly about capturing people. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

26 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

Aren’t they building another lagoon community in the Tampa area? The people like water. Like I said before, not sure this is the right move. But it’s clearly about capturing people. 

There are cheaper options than building a lagoon .....

funny-fail-slip-and-slide.gif

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,144
  • Days Won:  109

51 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

Don't think they could build one of those lagoons. Drove past the first one and it is friggin huge. Probably as big a footprint as the stadium.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774

36 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't think they could build one of those lagoons. Drove past the first one and it is friggin huge. Probably as big a footprint as the stadium.

I don’t want them to build a lagoon. I hate the idea of them in Florida. Maybe that’s where this idea is coming from? Just thinking outside the box to try to understand.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

18 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

I don’t want them to build a lagoon. I hate the idea of them in Florida. Maybe that’s where this idea is coming from? Just thinking outside the box to try to understand.

At least let's do something original.  Maybe instead of a grass berm for students, we could bring in sand and have a white sand beach with a couple of palm trees.  Students could watch games from the beach with their toes in the sand.  That might be pretty cool.