IPF / OCS - Informational Updates

bull2bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

57 minutes ago, mj796 said:

Hard disagree...I don't care what the amenity is that brings people to the stadium as long as they come to the stadium. Whatever it takes to build memories and strengthen the connection to the school...watching none of the game in the lagoon still occurs at the game, which then drives conversation about 'going to the game' which brings casual people into the game which creates the opportunity for something magical to happen and bring more people into the fold. I don't care if they have a petting zoo and a carousel. Whatever it takes. Think Savannah Bananas, not Miami Hurricanes. 

They will go for an hour then return to their dorm…that’s if they want to take a break from their phones for one hour. The only memories that will be created is if the team starts winning and winning in bunches. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

53 minutes ago, mj796 said:

Hard disagree...I don't care what the amenity is that brings people to the stadium as long as they come to the stadium. Whatever it takes to build memories and strengthen the connection to the school...watching none of the game in the lagoon still occurs at the game, which then drives conversation about 'going to the game' which brings casual people into the game which creates the opportunity for something magical to happen and bring more people into the fold. I don't care if they have a petting zoo and a carousel. Whatever it takes. Think Savannah Bananas, not Miami Hurricanes. 

Although I get your point there, you're not going entice the type season ticket investors you need to make this thing viable with a gimmick. If this can be done without taking any monies away from the actual stadium, go for it, even though I personally think it's clownish .....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They will go for an hour then return to their dorm…that’s if they want to take a break from their phones for one hour. The only memories that will be created is if the team starts winning and winning in bunches. 

Exactly ..... and another thing, what's one of the biggest "excuses" being used forever regarding this area's sports attendance wise? Other outdoor options ........ Why in the **** would you give them another excuse to not watch games.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,144
  • Days Won:  109

8 hours ago, CycleBull said:

Sounds like they are trying to attract the generation who isn’t as engaged with college football. Someway they have to attract new fans who will hopefully become long term fans and supporters. 

So you're saying an OCS is a waste?

• Haha 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

For my own enjoyment and anyone that missed the last 7 hours of this thread:

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

I think seat backs are a staple of college football stadiums from pics I've seen so have to assume we'll have them ..... and as far as The Wave is concerned, it's one of the dumbest ******* things in sports and you'll be a better person for just ignoring it.

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

We're building the **** thing on the students' front porch partly because they're too ******* lazy most of the time to make a short trip to watch their team play. If they want to go to a water park, Adventure Island is within walking distance or a short Bull Runner ride away.

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Although I get your point there, you're not going entice the type season ticket investors you need to make this thing viable with a gimmick. If this can be done without taking any monies away from the actual stadium, go for it, even though I personally think it's clownish .....

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Exactly ..... and another thing, what's one of the biggest "excuses" being used forever regarding this area's sports attendance wise? Other outdoor options ........ Why in the **** would you give them another excuse to not watch games.

If TripleB were a koala   ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Burn It Down Dont Care GIF

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  0

Whatever they do gimmickwise should be after they plan for the maximum allowable shade in the stadium.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

We're building the **** thing on the students' front porch partly because they're too ******* lazy most of the time to make a short trip to watch their team play. If they want to go to a water park, Adventure Island is within walking distance or a short Bull Runner ride away.

You are missing the point by a freakin mile and simply don’t understand the mentality of drunken college student.  Proximity is critical if you are either risking a DUI, paying for an Uber or simply walking.  The drunken masses will attend for the pre and post party and attend the game.  Many of these same party animals won’t bother driving through downtown and onto Dale Mabry to watch a bad team but would gladly attend tailgate Keggers on campus. I feel my experience on this topic makes me an expert and you simply are not qualified to opine on this topic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

You are missing the point by a freakin mile and simply don’t understand the mentality of drunken college student.  Proximity is critical if you are either risking a DUI, paying for an Uber or simply walking.  The drunken masses will attend for the pre and post party and attend the game.  Many of these same party animals won’t bother driving through downtown and onto Dale Mabry to watch a bad team but would gladly attend tailgate Keggers on campus. I feel my experience on this topic makes me an expert and you simply are not qualified to opine on this topic. 

Point taken .... I will defer to the geographically challenged, drunken sot from Texas.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,144
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

That is not a given.  Again, SMU was a perfect example of the students attending the pre party but not going inside.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

So you're saying an OCS is a waste?

Lol. I’m definitely not saying it’s a waste. I’m just thinking about the reason behind this idea. If a stadium was enough to attract fans they wouldn’t be thinking of these interesting add ons.