AAC Departures

BullyPulpit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,617
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

WVU and Marshal aren't in the same conference. Believe they have a rivalry. Sure there are others.  Kentucky/L'ville in hoops comes to mind.

In 111 years WVU has played Marshall 12 times having won them all with the last meeting in 2012, that seems like it would have been a more reasonable model and I’m pretty sure that not a single WVU fans ever once advocated for Marshal to be moved to their conference to solidify their rivalry and make them both stronger.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,238
  • Days Won:  68

10 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

WVU and Marshal aren't in the same conference. Believe they have a rivalry. Sure there are others.  Kentucky/L'ville in hoops comes to mind.

South Carolina/Clemson, Mizzou/Kansas, Iowa/Iowa State etc… plenty of them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

25 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

You live in Temple Terrace and will always be around c, they are not going away, they will still play us but they will have an even bigger superiority complex now, basically ******** on steroids. Your take is nonsensical and asinine but the biggest lies are the ones we tell ourselves so carry on my brother. 

Bit once just for old times sake to humor you but now I’m good. Very resourceful try though. Props. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,802
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

That’s the part you are missing the players are involved in a competition but that has nothing to do with the business and competition going on in an administration. On the field your job is to beat whoever they put in front of your but off the field the job isn’t to give the most opportunity to everyone out of a sense of fairness it’s to get the best opportunities and money for your team and those things only come at the expense of other teams. Pay games and 2-1’s exist for a reason and it’s not because of a nonsensical desire for equity. If UCF had not moved up to the aac they would have not been in consideration for the B12, their invite is at the expense of those they left behind and I trust that they are perfectly fine with that and zero seconds of consideration was put into but what about USF.

UCF's success was because they invested in THEMSELVES, and their SUCCESS ON THE FIELD. It has NOTHING to do with us. This is my last statement about it. I only see UCF as competition on the field. They are not a business competitor, just like the other schools are not business competitors. When I went to UF decades ago, I hated FSU on the field. But gladly partied my a$$ off in Tallahassee when visiting my buddies that attended FSU or FAMU. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

UCF's success was because they invested in THEMSELVES, and their SUCCESS ON THE FIELD. It has NOTHING to do with us. This is my last statement about it. I only see UCF as competition on the field. They are not a business competitor, just like the other schools are not business competitors. When I went to UF decades ago, I hated FSU on the field. But gladly partied my a$$ off in Tallahassee when visiting my buddies that attended FSU or FAMU. 

All schools are our business competitors and the only way to be successful is for others to fail. Each game just like each deal and each conference move is a zero sum game and to have a winner has to have a loser 1-1=0, that UCF is in the B12 now has everything to do with the fact that they moved to AAC and we welcomed that with open arms, it’s indisputable as no one else moved from CUSA to the B12 but they did move from CUSA to the new AAC.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

25 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Playing for something can mean conference titles, national prestige, going way back, inter/intra state bragging rights like the ones Frisco mentioned. To me, playing for something doesn’t include internet bragging rights, especially with a bunch of mouth breathers. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,238
  • Days Won:  68

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Playing for something can mean conference titles, national prestige, going way back, inter/intra state bragging rights like the ones Frisco mentioned. To me, playing for something doesn’t include internet bragging rights, especially with a bunch of mouth breathers. 

More than internet or interstate bragging rights, we are similar in size, proximity, history etc..,.they will always be out biggest rivalry whether we chose to accept it or not.  I didn’t make the rules but I accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and  fortunately I have the wisdom to know the difference. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  53

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

In 111 years WVU has played Marshall 12 times having won them all with the last meeting in 2012, that seems like it would have been a more reasonable model and I’m pretty sure that not a single WVU fans ever once advocated for Marshal to be moved to their conference to solidify their rivalry and make them both stronger.

This reminds me of a terrible song:

kelly-clarkson-stronger.gif

29 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

More than internet or interstate bragging rights, we are similar in size, proximity, history etc..,.they will always be out biggest rivalry whether we chose to accept it or not.  I didn’t make the rules but I accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and  fortunately I have the wisdom to know the difference. 

Except you are ignoring that we were not on even footing and now once again are not on even footing, the number of have nots playing one for ones with haves on a regular basis and considered rivals by the position of power can be counted on one hand by JPP the number of times it involves wanting to move someone up to their conference to accomplish it can be measured by only this one instance.

Edited by puc86

Just now, Rocky Style said:

This reminds me of a terrible song:

kelly-clarkson-stronger.gif

I’m much more of a swifty myself but I still put this on volume 11 when it comes on