P5 Conference Champion transfer QB visiting campus this weekend

bulloni

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,799
  • Content Count:  38,273
  • Days Won:  29

12 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I would think that any coach worth a grain of salt would tell every player the same thing CWT told his players, “I am always looking to recruit someone to take your job.”

Exactly the way I try hire employees! I want to have somebody push me and help the company be stronger.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

20 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I would think that any coach worth a grain of salt would tell every player the same thing CWT told his players, “I am always looking to recruit someone to take your job.”

Imagine that helps the locker room. Guys at other positions that underperformed had transfers come in from bigger schools to compete for their jobs. Our QB play may have been bottom 20 in the country at the most important position, guys may have thought coach was playing favorites if he passed on a chance to bring in a top 40 QB to go after the job.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,799
  • Content Count:  38,273
  • Days Won:  29

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Imagine that helps the locker room. Guys at other positions that underperformed had transfers come in from bigger schools to compete for their jobs. Our QB play may have been bottom 20 in the country at the most important position, guys may have thought coach was playing favorites if he passed on a chance to bring in a top 40 QB to go after the job.

With as many transfers we’ve had (some good and bad), you would think that they would have been able to drive productive change. Why have they not been successful here? It’s a process of elimination and analysis. Fans tend to stick to the same points not opening their eyes to the actual problems. Until I see major changes at the offensive line I will not be able to talk crap about these QBs. I hope GB can run his ass off. 

Edited by CycleBull

#1 QBR in our conference last year was Ridder with a 71.9, Gerry had a QBR of 70.2

https://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr

Also Baylor went from 2 wins to their most wins in school history. Gerry might be the QB of the biggest 1 year turnaround in college football history. Lets hope he can do it again. The more I look into him the more hype I get. I've gone from hoping and praying for 5 wins a week ago to thinking we genuinely have a shot at 8 wins.

• Go Bulls! 2

6 hours ago, CycleBull said:

With as many transfers we’ve had (some good and bad), you would think that they would have been able to drive productive change. Why have they not been successful here? It’s a process of elimination and analysis. Fans tend to stick to the same points not opening their eyes to the actual problems. Until I see major changes at the offensive line I will not be able to talk crap about these QBs. I hope GB can run his ass off. 

The QB has a huge impact on how the oline looks. Baylors oline went from looking like revolving doors in 2020 to talked about as the best in the Big 12 last year. 

Saw this stat posted elsewhere "In 2020 the year before Gerry their QB got sacked 31 times in 331 drop backs, almost a sack every 10 drop backs. Last season Gerry was sacked just 9 times in 275 drop backs, good for a rate of about 1 sack every 30 drop backs. Last year in the 2 games Gerry was out? Baylor let up 9 sacks in 90 drop backs, immediately back to the rate of 1 sack every 10 drop backs the year before."

Edited by bulloni
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,486
  • Days Won:  0

We should probably temper expectations. This guy isnt a thrower, so expect a similar passer to QF and a worse runner.

Obv, still an upgrade, but he isnt transforming the progrum.

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,378
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, bulloni said:

The QB has a huge impact on how the oline looks. Baylors oline went from looking like revolving doors in 2020 to talked about as the best in the Big 12 last year. 

Saw this stat posted elsewhere "In 2020 the year before Gerry their QB got sacked 31 times in 331 drop backs, almost a sack every 10 drop backs. Last season Gerry was sacked just 9 times in 275 drop backs, good for a rate of about 1 sack every 30 drop backs. Last year in the 2 games Gerry was out? Baylor let up 9 sacks in 90 drop backs, immediately back to the rate of 1 sack every 10 drop backs the year before."

That is a great Stat found.

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

We should probably temper expectations. This guy isnt a thrower, so expect a similar passer to QF and a worse runner.

Or, maybe he is, being it’s the AAC talent vs the BIG12 talent. If that matters.

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,802
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Who says he isnt a thrower? Have you seen him throw on video? I saw sharp oasses, a quick release and a strong arm. He played in a conservative run oriented offense. Two of Baylors RBs had 2400 rushing combined last season. I think part of the reason he came here is that we have an abundance or WR & TEs and nobody that has connected with them.

• Go Bulls! 1