P5 Conference Champion transfer QB visiting campus this weekend

bulloni

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,798
  • Content Count:  38,264
  • Days Won:  29

54 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I don't think that they necessarily thought that we "needed" an upgrade, but Bohanon was definitely an intriguing prospect and one that likely improves our chances of making a bowl game in 2022. If they were truly looking at brining in other QBs to compete, I think that we would have heard more chatter about potential transfers. He was arguably one of the top-10 QBs available in the portal this offseason (in the 8 to 10 range) and all of the others went to good P5 programs.  

Agree . . . we pursued when he became available, don't think we brought in any other QB's.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,043
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

I'm wondering how much this will help recruiting, especially in light of his quotes related to believing in the staff and potential of the program?

I have to believe that we will start getting some harder looks by better-rated recruits.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

It's interesting if not intriguing. This guy has a pretty impressive resume especially last season he and Baylor did it all. Odd his coach flips from starting star QB that took him through a winning season and moves him to #2 and then invites him to transfer??? There has to be more to the story. Would be hard to believe that he transfers here to compete with our existing QB's. Makes you wonder if somebody will bail soon. Marsh stepped out of the door recently then stepped back in. McC might be expecting the job. Bohanan appears to have the tools/experience to ratchet up our QB production. This is going to be very very interesting. 

very-interesting.gif

13 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I'm wondering how much this will help recruiting, especially in light of his quotes related to believing in the staff and potential of the program?

I have to believe that we will start getting some harder looks by better-rated recruits.

His quotes are echoed throughout the recruiting trail from what I see . . . from recent recruits, transfers, and high school coaches. I see a lot of visits and mentions from many 4* recruits for '23 and '24.

Expecting it to translate into W's this season.

Go BULLS !!!

Anyone "expecting" any position on this team will be gone - don't think we have those guys . . . I think ALL the guys know that they NEED to win the position.

Go BULLS !!!

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,378
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

The guy had better stats than anyone we had last year and vs better competition. 

He did but also he had much better supporting athletes...10th ranked rushing attack and 30th or so ranked defense. 

He is an upgrade but I don't think it's a monster upgrade. But for sure... we can use all the talent we can get on this team.

Defense is where we need to see a big improvement...if just avg 6 to 8 wins is very possible I think with this offense. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, E.T. said:

His quotes are echoed throughout the recruiting trail from what I see . . . from recent recruits, transfers, and high school coaches. I see a lot of visits and mentions from many 4* recruits for '23 and '24.

Expecting it to translate into W's this season.

Go BULLS !!!

Willie had one year where he recruited well. Jim found all kinds of players, but otherwise we have recruited at the same level the entire time.

Scott has been underwhelming for what he was supposed to be. Maybe its him, maybe it's the facilities, but he hasn't been all he was cracked up to be. Hopefully its changing.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,251
  • Days Won:  37

30 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Odd his coach flips from starting star QB that took him through a winning season and moves him to #2 and then invites him to transfer???

Classy move by Coach Aranda.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,424
  • Content Count:  98,313
  • Days Won:  490

ESPN/Pete Thamel:

Bohanon's entry into the NCAA transfer portal was a surprise, the byproduct of a classy move by Baylor coach Dave Aranda. Bohanon got beaten out for the starting job this spring by reserve quarterback Blake Shapen. Aranda told Bohanon he'd be the backup in 2022, and by alerting him, Aranda gave Bohanon the option to enter the portal and attempt to find a starting job in his fifth season in college.

Bohanon will have two seasons of eligibility remaining because of the extra year granted to all players from the pandemic season of 2020. Bohanon made his decision soon after returning from his weekend visit to USF.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

3 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

My question with all of this is, who is entering the portal this year? Someone has to.

We have Bohannon, Timmy, Marsh, Gunnar, and Byrum (and some walk-ons as well). 5 guys that I feel are capable of being a starter.

Anyone entering portal now has to sit a year so that probably would come into the decision making, possibly putting some between a rock and a hard place ....