P5 Conference Champion transfer QB visiting campus this weekend

bulloni

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

The daily stampede did a podcast on him already and said they got the impression he is coming here for 1 season then trying to go to the NFL even though he has 2 years of eligibility. I could see Scott swinging it to Timmy as you'd be better off starting the 23,24,25 seasons than 22,23,24 because you'll be a year better. But if Timmy has to sit 2 years he's gone.

They also brought up a good point that this likely means the staff likes Byrum Brown a lot, since they aren't as afraid to bring in competition with the chance Timmy leaves.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,798
  • Content Count:  38,265
  • Days Won:  29

Great to get positive national press . . .

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0102%2Fr956969_2

Former Baylor quarterback Gerry Bohanon announced Sunday that he has committed to transfer to South Florida.

Edited by E.T.

• Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

10 minutes ago, bulloni said:

The daily stampede did a podcast on him already and said they got the impression he is coming here for 1 season then trying to go to the NFL even though he has 2 years of eligibility. I could see Scott swinging it to Timmy as you'd be better off starting the 23,24,25 seasons than 22,23,24 because you'll be a year better. But if Timmy has to sit 2 years he's gone.

They also brought up a good point that this likely means the staff likes Byrum Brown a lot, since they aren't as afraid to bring in competition with the chance Timmy leaves.

Those are some good points, but who really knows. From what I have read about Bohanon, he really doesn't throw a great deep ball. I hope he has the arm strength, but just struggles with the placement, because Weaver needs a QB that can get the ball downfield. 

From everything I have read and heard about Bohanon, he is a class act and a natural leader. He has an amazing work ethic and is very intelligent. Here is a great clip discussing him beating the coaches into the facility most mornings. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,784
  • Days Won:  3

My question with all of this is, who is entering the portal this year? Someone has to.

We have Bohannon, Timmy, Marsh, Gunnar, and Byrum (and some walk-ons as well). 5 guys that I feel are capable of being a starter.

8 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

My question with all of this is, who is entering the portal this year? Someone has to.

We have Bohannon, Timmy, Marsh, Gunnar, and Byrum (and some walk-ons as well). 5 guys that I feel are capable of being a starter.

Bohanon may have a monster season and declare for the NFL . . . Timmy, Byrum and Gunnar could RS.

3 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I don't believe that any of the scholarship guys will enter right now, although I might be wrong. It makes sense for Gunnar and Byrum to both redshirt. It also makes the most sense for Timmy to wait and see what happens with Bohanon. While he was good at Baylor, he has his limitations. Marsh dipped his toe into the portal and came back quickly. I don't think he found much in the way of interest. There are still at least 7 guys available in the portal that would be rated above Marsh that haven't found a home. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

19 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Those are some good points, but who really knows. From what I have read about Bohanon, he really doesn't throw a great deep ball. I hope he has the arm strength, but just struggles with the placement, because Weaver needs a QB that can get the ball downfield. 

From everything I have read and heard about Bohanon, he is a class act and a natural leader. He has an amazing work ethic and is very intelligent. Here is a great clip discussing him beating the coaches into the facility most mornings. 

By P5 conference champions standards he doesn't, but from what I've seen its a tier above what we saw from Timmy's deep ball last year. Theres a video here of him throwing a deep ball I don't think Timmy would be able to https://www.rockmnation.com/missouri-football-recruiting/2022/5/3/23052621/gerry-bohanon-might-be-exactly-the-type-of-quarterback-missouri-was-looking-for

Also this article has some good points on his ability as more than a game manager https://missouri.rivals.com/news/what-would-mizzou-be-getting-in-gerry-bohanon-

On passes that traveled more than 20 yards downfield, Bohanon went 23-47, throwing seven touchdowns and four interceptions. Per Pro Football Focus, among all passers nationally who attempted at least 20 such throws, Bohanon ranked 32nd in adjusted completion percentage at 48.9 and 49th in PFF passing grade at 90.4

A top 40ish QB in the country could win 7-8 games in this conference. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bulloni said:

By P5 conference champions standards he doesn't, but from what I've seen its a tier above what we saw from Timmy's deep ball last year. Theres a video here of him throwing a deep ball I don't think Timmy would be able to https://www.rockmnation.com/missouri-football-recruiting/2022/5/3/23052621/gerry-bohanon-might-be-exactly-the-type-of-quarterback-missouri-was-looking-for

Also this article has some good points on his ability as more than a game manager https://missouri.rivals.com/news/what-would-mizzou-be-getting-in-gerry-bohanon-

A top 40ish QB in the country could win 7-8 games in this conference. 

I agree that he has the ability to do well, especially in the AAC. I was more or less referencing the assertion that he might be stopping here for one season before heading to the NFL. He will have to show some improvement on those deeper throws for that to happen. Timmy grossly underthrew Weaver all season. If we get just average play from the QB position this year we will be ok. 

WCJMYLVFXFA2VLUHNJQ6BBBEXM.jpg

The brawny dual threat started 12 games for the Big 12 champs last season

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,826
  • Days Won:  0

Dont get too hyped guys.  After watching film he is mediocre passer. Great with the bomb but terrible with the short passes. He is built for running teams. He is a poor mans Flowers with less dazzle. 

• Upvote 1