Looking Ahead..Next Year? Rebuilding?

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Nope.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/stewart_mandel/09/25/weekend.rewind/

"...Unless the prognosticators followed the program closely, they had no idea that Leavitt essentially sacrificed last season to get a jump-start on this one, playing 20 freshmen earlier than they were ready and redshirting several valuable seniors.

I wouldn't say he purposefully sacrificed last season, but  we could have probably one a game or two if he would have succumbed to the temptation of recruiting JUCOs instead of developing young players.

With that said, USF left at least two wins on the field last year b/c of youthful inexperience so it wasn't like we were ucf terrible. We were just young and talented.

Regarding next year, we obviously lose Hall, but Ponton will be more than ready to take over the position without too much of a dropoff. In addition, C4 really turned some heads with his play on Saturday and figures to get more playing time at QB, along with other challengers such MG and Gregory.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USFMikeB

• E.T.

• TripleB

• cee

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

The manner in which you posted it as a precursor to a question suggested that you took it to be correct.  To me, that deserves an eye roll.  You, obviously, have no sense of humor, are overly touchy about any sort of criticism, and have displayed a deep inferiority complex.

This is a message board, if you cannot deal with someone that posts rolling eyes when you make a statement like that, then you should reassess life.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286
  • Days Won:  0

Mike, do you care to respond to the actual question I posed? Otherwise, buzz off.  >:(

Brad..FYI: I've been posting here only for about 3 months. The biggest problem you're going to have in getting new guys to stick around on this board is people like USFMikeB, who seem to have made it their personal mission to humiliate "stupid newbies" (apparently like myself).  

Instead of helping and encouraging new USF fans, there seems to be a large amount of hostility towards newcomers who didn't spend 2 years researching the history of USF athletics. I have never seen a more internally hostile message board in my life.

So many potential fans run off by just a few jerks.  Sad. :-[

Well said.  It is unfortunate but true.  It seems to be the same few but they appear to get what they want around here-  That is blind support from the administrators.  

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Everyone keeps saying that ponton will be good.  He's had his moments, but inconsistent.  Maybe just being a young player or maybe the inability to get enough carries to get into rhythym.  Has Simpson got any carries out of the backfield?

Guest bullistic930
The manner in which you posted it as a precursor to a question suggested that you took it to be correct.  To me, that deserves an eye roll.  You, obviously, have no sense of humor, are overly touchy about any sort of criticism, and have displayed a deep inferiority complex.

This is a message board, if you cannot deal with someone that posts rolling eyes when you make a statement like that, then you should reassess life.

Mike, the fact is, I DONT KNOW if it was correct. That's the whole point - I DONT KNOW. I have only been following USF football for a few months and Im still learning the ropes.

But instead of correcting me like a fellow Bull should, you belittle me.

Now what this has come to is that you're attacking me PERSONALLY...I have a "deep inferiority complex" and "need to reassess life"? WTF? Who are you again?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,799
  • Content Count:  38,273
  • Days Won:  29

Ponton

79 carries for 320 yards, 4.1 Avg.

Simpson

16 carries for 89 yards, 5.6 Avg.

They are both explosive and Ponton being the larger back with better speed. 5-11 & 215 Lbs. Simpson is 5-10 & 190 lbs.

I feel VERY good about Ponton being the #1 guy next year. He'll be a SO & Simpson a JR in 2006.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Has Simpson got any carries out of the backfield?

I don't recall any and I've been wondering the same thing. After that electrifying ko return against L'ville I was hoping to see him at least a little on offense ...

The sole problem is that I wasn't belittling you, I was belittling the premise that CJL "sacrificed" last season.  If you cannot deal with someone disputing something you posted, then don't post it.  You can go off on any tangent you want, but who are you to tell me that I cannot question a blatant statement that I find to be controversial?

The personal attacks on this thread were started by you, not me.  You attacked me in your first response to my posts.  Don't like it in return?  Don't dish it out.  I don't understand people like you.  You post about how this should be a place for everybody, but then don't want anyone here that disagrees with you.  That's called hypocrisy.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286

You said that CJL "sacrificed" a season, and that is a VERY inflammatory statement...

Dude you're gay!  What the bullhonkey is inflammatory about quoting a story that suggests cjl sacrificed last season.  So what, maybe he did.  Maybe not.  You're the one that needs a chill pill.  

Dude you're gay!  What the bullhonkey is inflammatory about quoting a story that suggests cjl sacrificed last season.  So what, maybe he did.  Maybe not.  You're the one that needs a chill pill.  

Every post you've made on this board is to attack somebody.  You have a VERY inflammatory name.  Go away.