Of OCS Interest

Brad

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,583
  • Days Won:  13

56 minutes ago, Brad said:

I fully understand that and it's been discussed....but then, fewer games in a multi-million dollar stadium? 

Have you any idea of the math that would go into making those decisions?  The trade-offs?

Giving our decision makers benefit of the doubt, they've done the math and impact to the gate RJS must be.

Sure... they likely have done the math, and there is likely a point where a game at RJS makes financial sense because of increased ticket sales despite the costs associated with renting it and the opportunity costs for missing a game at the OCS.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

3 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Sure... they likely have done the math, and there is likely a point where a game at RJS makes financial sense because of increased ticket sales despite the costs associated with renting it and the opportunity costs for missing a game at the OCS.

And it's those games in between 35k and that number (maybe 55K) that we are turning away people.  I guess that creates a scarcity and a market.  As a proud USF Finance grad, I have to ask.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Thanks.  I know it looks like crap.  I suppose ours will look better.

But would say Alabama or Florida want to make a deal in a 30K seat stadium?  We could play those games at RJS as has been pointed out but that sort of is opposite of what we're trying to do.

Well, I guess we won't have to worry about it until 2029.  We may just see a decrease in marquee teams coming to Tampa or to the OCS.

2026 Schedule
Sept. 5 FAU TAMPA
Sept. 12 at Alabama Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Sept. 26 BETHUNE-COOKMAN TAMPA
Oct. 17 at BYU Provo, Utah
2027 Schedule
Sept. 4 MIAMI TAMPA
Sept. 11 at Boise State Boise, Idaho
Sept. 18 FLORIDA A&M TAMPA
Sept. 25 at Northern Illinois DeKalb, Ill.
2028 Schedule
Sept. 2 UCONN TAMPA
Sept. 9 at Miami                          Miami Gardens, Fla.
Sept. 23 TBD TBD
Sept. 30 TBD TBD
2029 Schedule
Sept. 8 TBD TBD
Sept. 15         NOTRE DAME TAMPA
Sept. 22 TBD TBD
Sept. 29 TBD TBD

Those teams aren’t coming to check out the pirate ship at Ray Jay. They’re coming for recruiting purposes and an easy W. I don’t think it matters to them where it happens. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

2 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Costs only going up Trip.  I know that adding 10k extra seats once the OCS is complete will cost 3X compared to doing it all at once.  

I’m not complaining, so fired up for an OCS, just seems that 35k is at least 5-10k short for a B12 level stadium.

sorta like winning the PowerBall lotto but being pissed it’s not a multi week roll-over jackpot…

I definitely would like to see the 40K-45K mark also but there has to be a reason they're at that 35K mark. I'm just guessing that they know they have to sacrifice some quantity for the quality they think they'll need, to fit within what they have to spend. Also guessing that they've checked with whatever powers that be about the capacity in regards to future conference movement and it won't be a problem ......... I'm doing a lot of guessing here.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

57 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Those teams aren’t coming to check out the pirate ship at Ray Jay. They’re coming for recruiting purposes and an easy W. I don’t think it matters to them where it happens. 

I doubt Florida plays us for recruiting purposes.  

Many out of state P5’s have significant fan bases in FL and travel exceptionally well. 

In a stadium  of 35k, how many tickets would we have to/ be able to give the visitor?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I definitely would like to see the 40K-45K mark also but there has to be a reason they're at that 35K mark. I'm just guessing that they know they have to sacrifice some quantity for the quality they think they'll need, to fit within what they have to spend. Also guessing that they've checked with whatever powers that be about the capacity in regards to future conference movement and it won't be a problem ......... I'm doing a lot of guessing here.

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/Article/Design-stage-of-USFs-on-campus-stadium-dawns-188807715/

Will stayed after the board meeting to talk to Kelly and Stroman. If it’s 35k seats and there’s an endzone that’s an open grass berm for students that can fit like 6k I think that’s fine.

“We based the 35,000 off the feasibility study that was done,” Kelly said. “It’ll have the ability to have some standing room areas, some socialized areas that I know the feedback from students is what they want. All of that’s part of the design phase.”

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

6 minutes ago, bulloni said:

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/Article/Design-stage-of-USFs-on-campus-stadium-dawns-188807715/

Will stayed after the board meeting to talk to Kelly and Stroman. If it’s 35k seats and there’s an endzone that’s an open grass berm for students that can fit like 6k I think that’s fine.

“We based the 35,000 off the feasibility study that was done,” Kelly said. “It’ll have the ability to have some standing room areas, some socialized areas that I know the feedback from students is what they want. All of that’s part of the design phase.”

Put some shade overhangs to keep the fans out of the sun if possible 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,143
  • Days Won:  109

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

I doubt Florida plays us for recruiting purposes.  

Many out of state P5’s have significant fan bases in FL and travel exceptionally well. 

In a stadium  of 35k, how many tickets would we have to/ be able to give the visitor?

I don't believe there is any set number required.  Couldn't tell you which team/stadium but think I heard that some bigazz school with like 90k only allots 2,500 or so for visitors.  But it is late (for me) and I may be delirious.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

12 minutes ago, bulloni said:

We all have joked but all of these feasibility studies finally paid off 😀. The students will be standing, drinking and on their phones easily getting 40k plus in the house if we are any good.   I would love to see a standing room only crowd, hell nowadays I would settle for a win no matter who the opponent is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It will be upsetting if the drink holders are on the left side instead of the right. And don’t even start with the possibility that indoor area to cool off has only one big screen tv instead 4 strategically placed throughout the room. 

• Haha 1