The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at Cincinnati Bearcats- ESPN+

MikeG

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

We’ve been looking better, and our offense has come along a little. That is seen in a lot of teams at the end of the season. I hope we do better next year in preparing for the beginning of the season, and come out of the gate ready to play.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

4 hours ago, Brad said:

We’ve been looking better, and our offense has come along a little. That is seen in a lot of teams at the end of the season. I hope we do better next year in preparing for the beginning of the season, and come out of the gate ready to play.

I think the key to doing better in preparing for the beginning of next season will be continuity …. keeping the core of contributing players in house and healthy. CBG’s been here 5 years and 2 of those have been close to complete rebuilds. 

Player development can happen all year.  Hope it does.

No doubt that USF, like many other teams, had to deal with immense roster changes.

As Gregory says now, the portal is here to stay.  Gregory should have a plan to improve his ability to have team ready at beginning of season.  For example, it appeared as if we couldn't figure a starting lineup for quite some time.  There can be excuses for that as well, but I think he started guys that weren't ready at this level - and continued to.  Yes, there were some guys not physically ready to go early in the season, but we can't only have plans to capitalize only when everything else goes perfectly.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

No doubt that USF, like many other teams, had to deal with immense roster changes

Maybe there are some out there, and I'd be interested to see who and how they're doing if there are, but I'd be surprised if there are that many have had to turn over basically a full roster in 2 of the last 5 years. The portal is definitely here to stay, though, and maybe there are going to be some some coaches, and programs, it's going to hurt a lot more than help.

I tried to pre-empt the burned in excuse that our teams are in these unique situations.  We're not.  And even if we are, it seems we're aware of them - at least some fans are, which leads me to believe others are.  I'd just like to see out team(s) handle the slightest adversity with determination and success.