No longer, "potential" ... Trickett expected as new USF OC (per 247)

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,345
  • Days Won:  490

16 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Any time Tchewa goes with the left hand for a layup it is an airball.  Okay, not every time. Usually he just misses. But saw one the last game. How do you not hit the rim on a layup with either hand.

And this is not just Tchewa.  We don't have guys that can get to the rack and score.

I imagine their previous coaches were surprised that none of the bricks were on their high school mix tape.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,043
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

Even though CTT has all but said it on social media, the fact that it hasn't been officially announced says to me that the lawyers still own this.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I disagree with the looking slow, tired and lazy. IMO they work hard and actually get some good looks but just can't make a freakin' shot.  Any time Tchewa goes with the left hand for a layup it is an airball.  Okay, not every time. Usually he just misses. But saw one the last game. How do you not hit the rim on a layup with either hand. Micheal Durr would look good back on campus.

I have no clue how many turnovers we average but it appears to me to be less than prior years. But things are so bad to the point where I may not go to the UCiF game and stay home and watch football.

I will take your "disagree" under advisement and subject it to review. Appears you agree on the bulk. 80-20 I'll take that...I quit counting the turnovers at around 16-17...Cant shoot, massive turnovers, poor FT shooting....but, they appear to dribble pretty good and pre-game warmups look strong

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Well, take MBB - a moderately keen eye would say these guys can't shoot threes, so let me run some backscreens, etc., to free open some shots around the basket and maybe even get to the FT line.  Unfortunately, when you find they can't make layups, putbacks or FTs, you're screwed.  Maybe that simple situation doesn't help.  

It's like saying we should have adapted our offensive strategy in 2013 around Matt Floyd ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

Hopefully the new OC and new DC improve our team on both ends and make CJS look better. He has nothing but room to grow as a coach and turn this coach talk into wins on the field. I don't think you can do any worse and that is where we are at as USF  football. Hopefully Trickett is excited and ready to go all in. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  1,043
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

I guess every play will be a "Trick" play.  😁

Edited by Ricky the Bull
  • Haha 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Outlaw said:

We have a guy that never ran an offense or  called plays running a team and we have a first time oc and we are not sure what his coaching abilities. All we can do is hope for the best and hope the defense drastically improves and the new oc comes with more plays to fit our players.

Trickett called plays at Georgia State. Was also OC at FAU.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Going out on a limb here... truly..... I see Trick being more of a strategist versus a true play caller.... my gut and right nut tells me CJS will be waaaaaaay more involved in the offense this upcoming year...... IMHO

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,369
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

It's like saying we should have adapted our offensive strategy in 2013 around Matt Floyd ....

Fair point - you have to have something to work with before you can adapt a system to it

However, I will counter with Brian Fisher in 2003 - Leavitt platooned Fisher with Banks and Julmiste at QB, using Fisher’s speed and elusiveness to get to 7-4 that year