No longer, "potential" ... Trickett expected as new USF OC (per 247)

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,486
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Both. Cjs was a co oc and not calling plays. He has never been fully in charge of one side the ball and now is in charge of a team. I am not sure how involved he was with Weiss. We need some experienced oc to .enter both trickett and winning hc to mentor cjs.

i'll answer it for you.....he ran the offense, just didnt call plays. Once he left it was brutal.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

12 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Chuky Cheese is a prime example of someone coming in and trying to change talent to fit his offensive style. Remember trying to make Flowers a drop back passer?

Our offense went from 43.8 pts a game before he came to 38.3 still with Flowers,

Averaging more yards per game, setting passing records while controlling the ball more. That offense was a success and really a prime example of if you've got players, especially at the skill positions, the offensive style isn't really that important in most cases. Still think this whole not changing the offensive style to match the players gripe is way overblown ....

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,345
  • Days Won:  490

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Still think this whole not changing the offensive style to match the players gripe is way overblown ....

Well, take MBB - a moderately keen eye would say these guys can't shoot threes, so let me run some backscreens, etc., to free open some shots around the basket and maybe even get to the FT line.  Unfortunately, when you find they can't make layups, putbacks or FTs, you're screwed.  Maybe that simple situation doesn't help.  

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

54 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I think there is talent in our offense, but once again do you build with what you have and recruit more to help out, or do scratch and try to start anew with an offense you have no talent for?

You need to take a look at where we recruit and where is the talent there. Trying to come to USF and run a Power running attack would be stupid because that’s not the talent you will be able to recruit.

https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/sports/what-does-it-take-to-recruit-like-alabama-and-georgia-total-commitment/article_d4a0e5ac-5813-54a5-9cf8-8ce8795d0368.html

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

Well, take MBB - a moderately keen eye would say these guys can't shoot threes, so let me run some backscreens, etc., to free open some shots around the basket and maybe even get to the FT line.  Unfortunately, when you find they can't make layups, putbacks or FTs, you're screwed.  Maybe that simple situation doesn't help.  

After watching too many games so far this season, I think this team might be better served to quit playing out of town games/ forfeit is easier and cheaper. Play only home games save some travel/expense money. Get more practice hitting some shots. I cancelled my ESPN+ just because it was so disgusting watching them. This team plays up(for a while) against more superior competition(looking decent) but then, lose to teams they should beat. They look slow, tired and lazy much of the time. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

It’s almost impossible to Judge Tim McLean or the offense last year. It was clear they had talent however there was so much pressure put on them by the defense meaning they have to score an every possession in order to stay in the game. For a veteran quarterback that would be extremely difficult let alone a freshman. I believe that if the defense improves this year you’re going to see a vast improvement on the offense  and a major improvement in wins

That’s why I believe that The success of this hire is going to depend on the success of the defensive coordinator

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

i'll answer it for you.....he ran the offense, just didnt call plays. Once he left it was brutal.

He was qb and passing coach/oc if I remember  correct. They lost lots of  talent to the NFL. Hard to tell how important he was or good he is . Cjs was a piece of  well oiled machine at cjs and his offense here has been trash. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,149
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

After watching too many games so far this season, I think this team might be better served to quit playing out of town games/ forfeit is easier and cheaper. Play only home games save some travel/expense money. Get more practice hitting some shots. I cancelled my ESPN+ just because it was so disgusting watching them. This team plays up(for a while) against more superior competition(looking decent) but then, lose to teams they should beat. They look slow, tired and lazy much of the time. 

I disagree with the looking slow, tired and lazy. IMO they work hard and actually get some good looks but just can't make a freakin' shot.  Any time Tchewa goes with the left hand for a layup it is an airball.  Okay, not every time. Usually he just misses. But saw one the last game. How do you not hit the rim on a layup with either hand. Micheal Durr would look good back on campus.

I have no clue how many turnovers we average but it appears to me to be less than prior years. But things are so bad to the point where I may not go to the UCiF game and stay home and watch football.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I disagree with the looking slow, tired and lazy. IMO they work hard and actually get some good looks but just can't make a freakin' shot.  Any time Tchewa goes with the left hand for a layup it is an airball.  Okay, not every time. Usually he just misses. But saw one the last game. How do you not hit the rim on a layup with either hand. Micheal Durr would look good back on campus.

I have no clue how many turnovers we average but it appears to me to be less than prior years. But things are so bad to the point where I may not go to the UCiF game and stay home and watch football.

Speaking of Durr, he is mostly seating on bench in Indiana and hardly scoring. Had he stayed here, he would probably be leading scorer and rebounder. Bad move.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,149
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

Speaking of Durr, he is mostly seating on bench in Indiana and hardly scoring. Had he stayed here, he would probably be leading scorer and rebounder. Bad move.

Make you wonder if Indiana fans are thing "WTF did we get this guy for?"