• Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

Edited by mark_my_words

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

7 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

UCONN using the same strategy yet they are mentioned consistently as a candidate.

If USF gets passed over during the next round of realignment....Judy and Harlan will have to answer for setting this university back.

Mentioned by whom?  The media?  Because UCONN is a known brand, especially to the media (ESPN) not only for Basketball, but because most of the ESPN staff lives within a short commute to UCONN's campus.

It would actually be kinda funny to see the complaining about travel times from Hartford from most teams and the fans.  Hartford to Lubbock, Austin, Ames.  Doesn't sound so fun

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

It shows where the real power is - just after the school board of regents chairman said he was opposed to expansion, the school president straightens up and gets back in line.

I think the Big 12 may be waiting for the ACC network or lack of one to shake things up a bit.

If there ever was a year to run the table or even just win the conf, this is it for us.  

Beat FSU and the rest of the AAC.  

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  39

16 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Mentioned by whom?  The media?  Because UCONN is a known brand, especially to the media (ESPN) not only for Basketball, but because most of the ESPN staff lives within a short commute to UCONN's campus.

It would actually be kinda funny to see the complaining about travel times from Hartford from most teams and the fans.  Hartford to Lubbock, Austin, Ames.  Doesn't sound so fun

Either does Lubbock, Austin, Ames to Hartford.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

52 minutes ago, mark_my_words said:

This would be great news for USF & UCF if tomorrow we don't hear the opposite.

I agree that best case scenario in the short term is no expansion this year.  An other year, if everything goes the way we are hoping, should put us back in the public eye nationally, with an exciting brand on the field and we should have a pretty good year attendance wise.  

Didn't the Big 12 almost completely collapse last time around because they stood around and did nothing while the other Power conferences were proactive?  Seems like they are a disaster just sitting around waiting for something to happen. These clowns are just Oklahoma or Texas being lured away from being a total disaster as a conference.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, mark_my_words said:

Regardless of who gets in,  Texas and OU (and their little brothers) bolt the next chance they get.   

This is feeling a lot like the BE.  The minute we get an invite is the minute the established programs decide they want to move on.   

Thought exercise - How long do you think Texas will share a league with UCF or Memphis?   

This +100

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

5 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Didn't the Big 12 almost completely collapse last time around because they stood around and did nothing while the other Power conferences were proactive?  Seems like they are a disaster just sitting around waiting for something to happen. These clowns are just Oklahoma or Texas being lured away from being a total disaster as a conference.

Dude, you have to be careful what you say on here.  It's like the recruiting board, if the B12 reads this board, and they very well might be perusing the message boards looking at overall program sentiment, it's best to project positivity toward the league we want to be part of.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Dude, you have to be careful what you say on here.  It's like the recruiting board, if the B12 reads this board, and they very well might be perusing the message boards looking at overall program sentiment, it's best to project positivity toward the league we want to be part of.  

:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,558
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

Pop goes the balloon. No network, no new $$$$$, no expansion per this report

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/behind-the-hype-oklahoma-president-calms-down-big-12-expansion-talk/

Good Post. Hopefully, the AAC would be able to get better contracts in the interim

• Topic Count:  39

29 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I agree that best case scenario in the short term is no expansion this year.  An other year, if everything goes the way we are hoping, should put us back in the public eye nationally, with an exciting brand on the field and we should have a pretty good year attendance wise.  

The Big East was not proactive because it was being held hostage by the basketball schools who had an equal vote if I recall.

The Big 12 is in the same rickety boat but with Texas and its allies playing the role of the Catholic schools.

The reality is that there was nothing the Big East could do and it appears not much the smaller Big12 schools can do other that collect a check and wait for things to fall apart.

That is why, if I was one of those smaller schools, I would be pushing for 16 knowing full well Texas and OU were out the door at the earliest opportunity.  Right now they can pick their new conference mates from a position of strength rather than desperation.

If the Big 12 dropped from 16 to 12 they would still be a viable conference.   If they hold at 10 you are looking at a 6 team league when the bell cows leave and everyone will take a long hard look at the remaining members: ISU, Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, TCU and WVU and wonder if they are worthy of the P5 ranking and the TV money.

This is really the Big East 2.0.  Keep that in mind folks as we try to win this beauty contest.

Edited by mark_my_words