Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Bear said:

Conference re-alignment is NOT based solely on one season of one sport.

Agreed. So the ammunition of "they best Baylor in 2013" with a coach//AD//entire team and scheme that is gone should also hold no water because it's one season in one sport. Realignment is only who has the potential to bring in more money.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Agreed. So the ammunition of "they best Baylor in 2013" with a coach//AD//entire team and scheme that is gone should also hold no water because it's one season in one sport. Realignment is only who has the potential to bring in more money.  

Agree but UCF hired a Coach that most media thought beforehand was out of our league even though he's not proven yet. That has helped perception this offseason along with the Spring Game attendance

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Days Won:  7

1 minute ago, ambienknights said:

Agree but UCF hired a Coach that most media thought beforehand was out of our league even though he's not proven yet. That has helped perception this offseason along with the Spring Game attendance

The biggest question regarding a rebound for UCF this year is their fitness levels. There's absolutely no reason any Florida team should be out-athleted at the skill positions. Holtz let our S&C crater and things went south fast because of that. If UCF is fit then they should have little difficulty getting to 5-6 wins this year.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

20 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

Show me one article saying Frost was out of your league.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

10 hours ago, TigerJay said:

You may have just nailed it. UC and UM are the first two. And the B12 is seriously considering going to 14, with the creation of the B12N. That's what all this consultant research is about.

For a few months, Memphis admin was hearing BYU would be 13, and one of Boise/USF/UCF would be 14. But in the last couple of days, there is a rumor going around that BYU is out, (and that takes Boise out, too), and that Houston and UConn are now 13 and 14.

I don't KNOW that to be fact. I haven't had enough time to vet it yet. But the "rumor" is out there from some fairly prominent Memphis boosters.

The Big 12 going to 12 is done, IMO. Fourteen is still the question, and the consultant reports likely play a role, especially about the B12N. I can safely say for 13 and 14, assuming they go ahead (I think they will), it should come out of the pool of UH, UConn, BYU, Boise, UCF or USF. Nobody else has ever been mentioned to Memphis, afaik.

FYI.. The source of this post... A Memphis poster on another message board:

http://csnbbs.com/thread-779697-post-13257912.html#pid13257912

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

2 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I hope expansion is delayed 1 year.  We should be coming off a 10 win season.

I think it's 50/50 that they actually expand.  A lot of pieces to sort out first like the Longhorn Network, possible no votes by Texas, TCU, and Texas Tech, and other things, but I truly believe that if the Big 12 expands then they will go to 14 schools.

Cincinnati is a shoe in at that point.  School #11

Big 12 will not go west for BYU.  They will stay with a central and eastern footprint.

Texas, TCU, and TT will not vote for Houston.

Tulane will never be under consideration.

So you basically have 4 schools for spots 12, 13, and 14.  Those schools are USF, UCF, Memphis, and UConn.

I think a lot of schools will go to bat for UConn.  They are a deserving power program off their basketball program alone.  Then you have USF and UCF for 13 and 14.

The 4 schools added will be Cincinnati, UConn (or possibly Memphis), USF and UCF.  Some combo of that.  Mark it down right now.  I guarantee it. 

Good thing you guaranteed it so I don't have to be concerned any more.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

10 minutes ago, Dogma said:

FYI.. The source of this post... A Memphis poster on another message board:

http://csnbbs.com/thread-779697-post-13257912.html#pid13257912

This guy knows nothing.  Just his speculation.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Good thing you guaranteed it so I don't have to be concerned any more.

OK, then I "guarantee" it.  How about that. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

9966101.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, ambienknights said:

Possibly, to a media who'll have no say so whatsoever in the decisions .....

Pimping a coach who hasn't coached a game yet and an inflated Spring Game attendance helping perception. Come on, man, you guys don't still have to resort to crap like this, do you?