Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  53

Number 4 happiest city for job seeking college grads. That's a very specific ranking. Our commercial claims that we are cool so take that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

4 hours ago, Skingraft said:

Nope, thay costs extra

Not if you call Marv Albert.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,814
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Number 4 happiest city for job seeking college grads. That's a very specific ranking. Our commercial claims that we are cool so take that.

LMFAO

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

You may have just nailed it. UC and UM are the first two. And the B12 is seriously considering going to 14, with the creation of the B12N. That's what all this consultant research is about.

For a few months, Memphis admin was hearing BYU would be 13, and one of Boise/USF/UCF would be 14. But in the last couple of days, there is a rumor going around that BYU is out, (and that takes Boise out, too), and that Houston and UConn are now 13 and 14.

I don't KNOW that to be fact. I haven't had enough time to vet it yet. But the "rumor" is out there from some fairly prominent Memphis boosters.

The Big 12 going to 12 is done, IMO. Fourteen is still the question, and the consultant reports likely play a role, especially about the B12N. I can safely say for 13 and 14, assuming they go ahead (I think they will), it should come out of the pool of UH, UConn, BYU, Boise, UCF or USF. Nobody else has ever been mentioned to Memphis, afaik.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

USF/USF just makes sense true

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/how-espn-exodus-of-expensive-tv-talent-simmons-olbermann-cowherd-tirico-bayless-could-save-it-190031820.html

I see this playing a role in expansion.... Mainly in restructuring current TV rights agreement

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

If we don't make it,what four teams will the AAC add? I think you have to go with Marshall for the West Virginia TV market and it will be a big draw for when they come to Ray Jay. LA Tech who is an up and coming program with a big name coach. Ohio U. for recruiting purposes and to keep the Ohio market, and finally Charlotte U. with the large Charlotte market.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 hour ago, bullcocky101 said:

If we don't make it,what four teams will the AAC add? I think you have to go with Marshall for the West Virginia TV market and it will be a big draw for when they come to Ray Jay. LA Tech who is an up and coming program with a big name coach. Ohio U. for recruiting purposes and to keep the Ohio market, and finally Charlotte U. with the large Charlotte market.

Don't forget about Southern Miss. They bring a lot of interest to us USF fans with the old rivalry. Would love to see FAU & FIU added as well. Great short travel for USF fans. We are going to be fine in the long run. I love the AAC!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,558
  • Days Won:  19

USF & UCF package deal?

Watch UCF make it; while we get left behind...

Orlando school has a better chance than we do

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7