Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'd agree if most of the contacts the article mentioned didn't come 8ish months ago. 

Im sure USF made a pitch, as have several other schools, whether it's on their radar? No one definitely knows.

Colorado State's contact was 10 months ago yet I don't recall seeing anything posted on here about them until reported rumors had them being mentioned in the actual Big 12 meetings ..... but you are correct, no one definitely knows anything.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,463
  • Days Won:  6

I thought about this, this morning while doing laps...which helps relieve the agony of  lap swimming ....oh how I wish I still had intact meniscus'

Decision 1, does any school in expansion, help us earn more $. If no, they and expansion are out

Decision 2, does adding a school or schools help us, the Big 12  survive, if no, no expansion

Decision 3, if yes on one and 2, does any school or schools being added, improve or not detract from our brand. Therefore, a school like   wont be added, and maybe on some of the other might be considered. I do think at the end of every day... without a yes in #1 and #2, nothing happens, which I predict is most likely.

I have a simple mind, so I need simple decision tree's!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

45 minutes ago, mark_my_words said:

Fair enough but why would Memphis be talking up their $500 million investment and the Fed Ex deal if they were in a good position?  In my opinion, to a certain extent, the schools doing that are in weaker positions (or perceive they are).  

If you follow that logic to the other end of the spectrum, the teams that are in a better position may not feel it is as necessary to make a lot of noise. We know there are an array of schools that are attempting to get into the Big 12.  I just think their behaviors may be revealing.

All conversations pulled from a public records request to WVU's president. 

I I don't think anyone has gone public.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

Still think B12 trys to expand but not with AAC teams.  They go after FSU, GT, and Clemson.  If they're turned down, I think UT and OK bolt for greener pastures (I.E. P12 or B1G).  This leaves the remnants of the B12 and the AAC to form a Super American Athletic Conference (SAAC).   

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,463

15 minutes ago, 88Alum said:

Still think B12 trys to expand but not with AAC teams.  They go after FSU, GT, and Clemson.  If they're turned down, I think UT and OK bolt for greener pastures (I.E. P12 or B1G).  This leaves the remnants of the B12 and the AAC to form a Super American Athletic Conference (SAAC).   

The fees to leave the ACC are painful, and increasing as revenues increase. I don't see any ACC team leaving to join an unstable B12. Just my opinion though.

"The ACC’s exit fee is actually calculated as three years’ worth of per-school conference distributions, which currently stands at a little more than $50 million and will increase as the conference’s distributions rise in the coming years"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2012/09/19/accs-new-exit-fee-punitive-or-par-for-the-course/#1d2b3b968956

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

13 hours ago, raptorcj said:

For some reason, I'm not. I think the class with which we've handled our interactions with NCAA and other schools over the years works for us. Plus, UCF is weird.

Now that the demonic tones of the page, which were causing my worries to increase, has gone away...

Agreed.  I also go back to what I've stated a few times before: 

I really cant see the B12 adding only one of USF/UCF.  One of their main issues in expansion is the island they created with WVU.  This is why Cinn and UConn are constantly mentioned, to provide a travel partner.  There has been complaints on both sides (WVU and the rest of the conference) on the logisitical and financial problems it causes. I can't see them re-creating an even worse situation:  A school even further away with less history and current fan support.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,251
  • Days Won:  37

1 minute ago, Dogma said:

Now that the demonic tones of the page, which were causing my worries to increase, has gone away...

Agreed.  I also go back to what I've stated a few times before: 

I really cant see the B12 adding only one of USF/UCF.  One of their main issues in expansion is the island they created with WVU.  This is why Cinn and UConn are constantly mentioned, to provide a travel partner.  There has been complaints on both sides (WVU and the rest of the conference) on the logisitical and financial problems it causes. I can't see them re-creating an even worse situation:  A school even further away with less history and current fan support.

Wouldn't adding UConn cause the same issues?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

The fees to leave the ACC are painful, and increasing as revenues increase. I don't see any ACC team leaving to join an unstable B12. Just my opinion though.

"The ACC’s exit fee is actually calculated as three years’ worth of per-school conference distributions, which currently stands at a little more than $50 million and will increase as the conference’s distributions rise in the coming years"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2012/09/19/accs-new-exit-fee-punitive-or-par-for-the-course/#1d2b3b968956

Would think the exit fee could be litigated since ESPN never followed through with an ACC Network. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, footnfan1 said:

Which I think will cause what 88Alum mentioned.

All the problems will finally cause the Texahoma group to part ways and join the P12.  WVU going to the ACC. A chunk of the remaining going to the AAC

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256

33 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

I thought about this, this morning while doing laps...which helps relieve the agony of  lap swimming ....oh how I wish I still had intact meniscus'

Decision 1, does any school in expansion, help us earn more $. If no, they and expansion are out

Decision 2, does adding a school or schools help us, the Big 12  survive, if no, no expansion

Decision 3, if yes on one and 2, does any school or schools being added, improve or not detract from our brand. Therefore, a school like   wont be added, and maybe on some of the other might be considered. I do think at the end of every day... without a yes in #1 and #2, nothing happens, which I predict is most likely.

I have a simple mind, so I need simple decision tree's!

I like the simple, logical approach, however I think you missed one (or possible 2) decision point(s).  

Decision 0, does adding an unnamed school increase our chances of playing for a NC.

Decision 0a - (for the smaller schools) Will adding teams now be a buffer for when Texas and OU bolt and take other schools with them.

Somewhere along the way they seem to have decided on expanding.  You are right though, they might cycle through your decision tree and wind up saying never-mind.