Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Has anyone mentioned TV markets and recruiting base yet?

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

...and beaches?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

publixlogo.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  76,007
  • Days Won:  436

3 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

No. Discuss.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

No. Discuss.

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

publixlogo.jpg

That pretty much sums it up.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I typically don't buy into what this whackadoo is always spouting but this made me think. IF this actually happened, and the three teams that go Big 12 are the ones he's always yapping about (FSU, Clemson and Miami), I'd actually prefer we just stick with the American and offer a safe landing spot for some of the leftovers (say ... Louisville, Cuse, Pitt and Wake). If this goes down this way, UConn and Cincinnati wouldn't be leaving for the Big XII and you'd suddenly have a potentially powerhouse basketball conference again, and a football conference that could generate more TV revenue than the current one. And leaving out Boston College would be the bonus for UConn since Boston College was allegedly the loudest opponent of them being invited to the ACC

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I typically don't buy into what this whackadoo is always spouting but this made me think. IF this actually happened, and the three teams that go Big 12 are the ones he's always yapping about (FSU, Clemson and Miami), I'd actually prefer we just stick with the American and offer a safe landing spot for some of the leftovers (say ... Louisville, Cuse, Pitt and Wake). If this goes down this way, UConn and Cincinnati wouldn't be leaving for the Big XII and you'd suddenly have a potentially powerhouse basketball conference again, and a football conference that could generate more TV revenue than the current one. And leaving out Boston College would be the bonus for UConn since Boston College was allegedly the loudest opponent of them being invited to the ACC

Or instead, add the best of the AAC teams and join the rest of the ACC teams. That'll cut the fat from the bottom of the AAC (Tulane, SMU, Tulsa, etc).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

28 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

So then it becomes the *InsertBSAdjectivePertainingToFalseSuperiority*-4 and we lay out the Welcome Mat for half the teams that spurned our conference to begin with. 

Conference realignment, amirite?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Nice to see MHver3 recycling his "inside information" from 3 years ago. I wonder how long it will be until it's a "done deal"  again.... 

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

True. It would be amusing to watch those loudmouths get dropped to the MAC. 

Just looking at basketball-you'd have tourney level teams with Louisville, Cuse, Pitt, Memphis, SMU, Houston, UConn, and Cincy. 

As far as football goes, you'd have the following good to great teams: Louisville, Pittsburgh, Memphis, Houston, USF, UCF, Cincy,  Temple, and possibly Tulsa and SMU too. That would be a great league.