Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,654
  • Days Won:  51

10 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I believe Cincy & Uconn are next in line which is cool with me. They have more tradition & all. USF will be in the next round after Cincy & Uconn as that is only fair. Harlan is right in that USF needs more fan support. 

USF has been playing D1/FBS football longer than UConn has...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

4 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

USF has been playing D1/FBS football longer than UConn has...

Yet they have a better tradition in winning by making BCS game. Their hoops team has us beat as Kansas loves that. Just hope that USF fans give us a pass for not being front runners for next round of conference shake ups. Bulls are we!!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Can't see how UCONN gets the invite. It makes absolutely no sense at all. Have any of you been to UCONN for a game? Ever? Their getting into a BCS game shows how weak the BE became in its final few years. A complete joke. Basketball? Since when has that paid the bills? I don't mind USF losing out to  Cincy, Brigham Young, etc. but if it's UCONN, that would be a travesty. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,989
  • Days Won:  436

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Can't see how UCONN gets the invite. It makes absolutely no sense at all. Have any of you been to UCONN for a game? Ever? Their getting into a BCS game shows how weak the BE became in its final few years. A complete joke. Basketball? Since when has that paid the bills? I don't mind USF losing out to  Cincy, Brigham Young, etc. but if it's UCONN, that would be a travesty. 

UConn does have a brand name and the highest total revenue of any of the names being batted around .... higher than some P5.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

UConn does have a brand name and the highest total revenue of any of the names being batted around .... higher than some P5.

Bingo!! USF fans need to realize that we are just not there yet when it comes to support. Anyone that blames Woolard for this just is not in touch with reality. Maybe too much Voodoo5 got to their heads.

They have a brand in football? Where? It sure as hell is not in New England. I drive all through CT and it is rare I see anything about UCONN. NY Jets? Yes. New England Patriots? Absolutely. UCONN? Almost never. 

2 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

UCONN basketball (men & women's) could probably pay all USF's Athletics' bills.

LMAO...not even close...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,989
  • Days Won:  436

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They have a brand in football? Where? It sure as hell is not in New England. I drive all through CT and it is rare I see anything about UCONN. NY Jets? Yes. New England Patriots? Absolutely. UCONN? Almost never. 

Who said anything about having a brand in football? If expansion was primarily about football, Boise would be in a P5 and Syracuse wouldn't. UConn is a branded name in collegiate sports. That hardly makes them a lock but it wouldn't be a travesty if they did get an invite ...

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would have to agree with this. In my time up in the NE, CFB is not big up there. It's NFL and CBB.

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

Who said anything about having a brand in football? If expansion was primarily about football, Boise would be in a P5 and Syracuse wouldn't. UConn is a branded name in collegiate sports. That hardly makes them a lock but it wouldn't be a travesty if they did get an invite ...

UCONN athletics is indeed a noted brand ...in about three states (and even then only for the three months that is basketball season). Again, almost no one in New England gives a rats ass about college sports.