Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, SpeedyBull said:

Let's not forget there are other bay area attractions too. Aside from BG  and the beaches we have 2 aquariums, several museums, a zoo, NHL team, MLB team, some great parks with camping and outdoor activities, an amazing Thai market, Saturday morning market (largest in the whole SouthEast area). Also depending on the time of year you have the Grand Prix, the Renaissance Festival, Gasparilla festivals, BBQ festival, and many many Music Festivals. 

I am sure I left a few things out too. 

BEER

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Ned A Starr said:

You complain about crowds at Disney, and then tout some of TB's most crowded places!

If you want to avoid big crowds, U S F football and basketball games are excellent.

:facepalm:  Being trampled and waiting hours to get on a ride that lasts at best a few minutes at Disney equals not to being at a large event venue free roaming and enjoying the activity or activities of the day. The day we left the park was obscenely long even for typical Disney days. The only activity I know that really compares is Gasparilla, in which case you know what you are in for way ahead of time and should have a cooler of booze. 

But hey I am biased I really really really hate anything in orlando, even their airport is a colossal mess. After a 16.5 hr flight had to wait an additional hour and a half on the ground while they "cleared room to receive our flight" after which and going through customs they then split the flights bags onto 2 luggage lanes without telling the customers, and after luggage overflowed on the 2nd lane they then diverted it back to the 1st. 

Oh and the only other time I flew out of orlando we missed the domestic flight after getting to the airport 2.5hrs early because they refused to open additional security lanes despite the immense amount of travelers that day. 

Orlando is a dark shadowy place, never go there. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

You complain about crowds at Disney, and then tout some of TB's most crowded places!

If you want to avoid big crowds, U S F football and basketball games are excellent.

Troll much? Couldn't even down-vote that one, too obvious.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Stepping away from the "which city is better overall" conversation... Talking strictly from a "destination away game" standpoint; USF isn't too terribly far away from Disney/Universal. The theoretical family would have to rent a car to make it, but most likely they would have to do the same from UCF anyway. Just don't buy the fact that Big 12 officials would consider UCF/Orlando a destination spot and USF/Tampa is not. Regardless one isn't going without the other. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

10 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Stepping away from the "which city is better overall" conversation... Talking strictly from a "destination away game" standpoint; USF isn't too terribly far away from Disney/Universal. The theoretical family would have to rent a car to make it, but most likely they would have to do the same from UCF anyway. Just don't buy the fact that Big 12 officials would consider UCF/Orlando a destination spot and USF/Tampa is not. Regardless one isn't going without the other. 

This is wrong. It happened last time and it could happen again, whether it's us again or UCF this time.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe the ACC will take us...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

You are dreaming if you think the Big12 will choose one without the other

8 hours ago, CPR said:

This is wrong. It happened last time and it could happen again, whether it's us again or UCF this time.

Highly doubtful. They will not want to create another island team. That being said, neither are going unless they expand to four. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

8 hours ago, CPR said:

When the Big East expanded we were light years ahead of UCF. They were in the MAC for football and the Atlantic Sun for everything else. They were not even on the Big East's radar. 

Now, we are pretty close. They have won some conference championships, better facilities than they had before and we both play at the same level of competition. 

It would be unfair to compare now to then (I am not disagreeing with your point that one school may go without the other, but the "its happened before" argument may not apply.)

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

I guess I love the beaches more than I love overpriced and overcrowded theme parks. 

Not that you asked for my opinion or anything, but I always go to the beach when I visit my mom in Orlando.  It's less than an hour drive.  If it's nothing to me, a regular visitor, it's nothing for once a year/good season for a fans team/once in a lifetime trippers that would come for festivities. The beach angle isn't going to win you favors to outsiders though-not in a significant way at least.  EVERYWHERE in FLA is close to the beach, that is all that matters to 98.5% of visitors.

This is in no way a knock to the Tampa area, which I truly enjoy! Orlando is just more fun-even if you don't go to a theme park.  Plus, it's growing so fast it's really hard to typecast as it's constantly changing.  The same is true to a slightly lesser extent for Tampa, these are good things for expansion though! If Greenville NC was growing like Tampa or Orlando they would be near the top of any expansion list probably.  

Edit: Ionbull hit the nail on the head, USF should (probably already does) tout their proximity to Orlando attractions, it shouldn't be about which one is better than the other...it should be how close in proximity everything is to one another.  

Edited by ECUshoein

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

15 hours ago, SpeedyBull said:

Oh I remember walking out of Disney because it was way too crowded. We did not want to be bumped into and wait in 1.5-2hr long lines. Instead we headed over to Discovery cove and spent the rest of the day relaxing. I wish more theme parks would embrace the idea of a limited guest experience and focus on making that experience truly exceptional. 

For Disney, it's all about when you go.  I don't go during peak times.  You avoid the summer, any holiday and spring break if you want to get the most out of it.  Also, plan on going to whichever park is open until 11 pm or midnight when you go so you can do all you want to do.  There are TONS of resources for making sure you get the most out of your Disney experience.

This guy will be down there next week - the wife is a "cast member" - she works at a Disney store near here part-time - and we'll be going to the park for free all week.