Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

“Well, what are their academics? What's their research base? How well do they fit our academic profile? How well do they fit our fan base profile? How many dollars in their market do they bring to the table? We're looking at all that. In terms of the network and those dollars, we're looking with our TV consultants to tell us.”

Where do we fit in?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,012
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, USF_Bullwinkle said:

Are you serious? I love Tampa, but Orlando has more to offer for family fun and entertainment. Way more. Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, etc. For a family visiting on a road trip the "get old quick" doesn't apply.

That's a good point. I reckon 'vacation in Florida' is considerably different than living in Florida. However, I don't think the flip-side is applicable. In my highly subjective opinion, I can't think of any Big XII destination that I could pitch as a road trip. I mean, once you get past the football game, what is there to 'take in'? I'm sure every Big XII city chamber-of-commerce touts the merits of visiting their fair city, but right off the top of my head, I just don't think the new Dyna-Flow and S-Series combine harvesters from John Deere are worth the ride...

S - Series

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Any back room plans for us to jump to CUSA after The American breaks up?  Do you think CUSA would take USF and UCF as a package?

Maybe Skippy can put in a good word for us. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,654
  • Days Won:  51

Vote for USF, not that it matters but we can at least get more votes than the Whorelando skool.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/31244027/big-12-expansion-decision-could-come-this-summer#WNPoll151410

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  6,319
  • Days Won:  12

8 hours ago, USF_Bullwinkle said:

Are you serious? I love Tampa, but Orlando has more to offer for family fun and entertainment. Way more. Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, etc. For a family visiting on a road trip the "get old quick" doesn't apply.

I guess I love the beaches more than I love overpriced and overcrowded theme parks. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

17 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I guess I love the beaches more than I love overpriced and overcrowded theme parks. 

I think for a young family that's only going to spend a couple of days there, Orlando is better to visit (amusement parks). Tampa is a better place to live. I remember growing up in New Tampa, we had the season passes for every amusement park and went all the time. It gets old quick though for kids once you've been to everything a million times. And once the kids get a little older, Busch Gardens and Adventure Island become more fun imo.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CPR said:

I think for a young family that's only going to spend a couple of days there, Orlando is better to visit (amusement parks). Tampa is a better place to live. I remember growing up in New Tampa, we had the season passes for every amusement park and went all the time. It gets old quick though for kids once you've been to everything a million times. And once the kids get a little older, Busch Gardens and Adventure Island become more fun imo.

Oh I agree, I just hate Disney. I think it's overpriced. It's sad average families almost have to take out a loan to bring a family there. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Let's not forget there are other bay area attractions too. Aside from BG  and the beaches we have 2 aquariums, several museums, a zoo, NHL team, MLB team, some great parks with camping and outdoor activities, an amazing Thai market, Saturday morning market (largest in the whole SouthEast area). Also depending on the time of year you have the Grand Prix, the Renaissance Festival, Gasparilla festivals, BBQ festival, and many many Music Festivals. 

I am sure I left a few things out too. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Rex Havoc said:

Oh I agree, I just hate Disney. I think it's overpriced. It's sad average families almost have to take out a loan to bring a family there. 

Oh I remember walking out of Disney because it was way too crowded. We did not want to be bumped into and wait in 1.5-2hr long lines. Instead we headed over to Discovery cove and spent the rest of the day relaxing. I wish more theme parks would embrace the idea of a limited guest experience and focus on making that experience truly exceptional. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SpeedyBull said:

Let's not forget there are other bay area attractions too. Aside from BG  and the beaches we have 2 aquariums, several museums, a zoo, NHL team, MLB team, some great parks with camping and outdoor activities, an amazing Thai market, Saturday morning market (largest in the whole SouthEast area). Also depending on the time of year you have the Grand Prix, the Renaissance Festival, Gasparilla festivals, BBQ festival, and many many Music Festivals. 

I am sure I left a few things out too. 

We do have a lot to offer that most people overlook when talking about our area. I also had the same experience when I went to Disney (waiting forever behind sweaty, smelly tourists), so we left also. I am fine never going to that place again.