Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,982
  • Days Won:  436

3 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/20160118/mitch-vingle-wvu-should-support-borens-big-12-identity

Full read below.  Lots of great stuff.  It seems like some decisions will indeed be made in February.  I also believe that we are synonymous with UCF in this article.  

Totally agree. We're not mentioned because it's a West Virginia article and they want no part of us ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

On January 17, 2016 at 6:26 AM, Bull Daly said:

Not me. I'm a big fan of USF getting an OCS someday. The only problem is they need to be patient with it right now. Got to see if and when MOSI goes to downtown. It is looking like the Big 12 is out so I think we need to build a smaller OCS. Make it a nice cozy little OCS with room to expand down the road if the P5 comes calling. Happy that Harlan is a straight shooter and badically told USF that we are a long way from consideration. USF needs support in the stands. Watched the Memphis game yesterday and it was a shame to such a small contingent of USF make the trip to Memphis!!!! The game was on a Saturday for crying out loud!!! 

I did not catch your point that we are  synonymous with UCF. Seems like the writer is talking only UCF. Regardless, nothing is going to happen any way. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,982
  • Days Won:  436

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I did not catch your point that we are  synonymous with UCF. Seems like the writer is talking only UCF. Regardless, nothing is going to happen any way. 

I believe the part of the article he was referring to was this, "If Boren and the others in the league truly want to be more of a national conference, a la the Big Ten, they need to look at markets like New York (Connecticut) or Orlando (Central Florida). Memphis would be a nice fit geographically and would help WVU as well." One can easily include "Tampa (South Florida)" on that list and it loses nothing.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Meaning, that all of the reasons for adding UCF exist for USF, maybe even in a better form.  I disagree, I think something is going to happen.  These are not twitter feeds from your normal expansion theorists.  These are actual decision makers that are putting this out.    

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Meaning, that all of the reasons for adding UCF exist for USF, maybe even in a better form.  I disagree, I think something is going to happen.  These are not twitter feeds from your normal expansion theorists.  These are actual decision makers that are putting this out.    

Unless Texas agrees to drop the network I don't think OU has the votes to expand. The smaller Big10 programs follow UT's direction. 

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Unless Texas agrees to drop the network I don't think OU has the votes to expand. The smaller Big10 programs follow UT's direction. 

I guess it depends on who you believe, Boren seems to think that either expansion will occur or OU is out.  Either way, spots will open in the Big 12.  Something will happen one way or the other.  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,654
  • Days Won:  51

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I believe the part of the article he was referring to was this, "If Boren and the others in the league truly want to be more of a national conference, a la the Big Ten, they need to look at markets like New York (Connecticut) or Orlando (Central Florida). Memphis would be a nice fit geographically and would help WVU as well." One can easily include "Tampa (South Florida)" on that list and it loses nothing.

Or one could easily interpret the article as it's author intended.  

6 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Or one could easily interpret the article as it's author intended.  

Perhaps, but saying "markets like Orlando"  why would you not want Tampa, a market slightly bigger than Orlando?  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,654
  • Days Won:  51

14 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Perhaps, but saying "markets like Orlando"  why would you not want Tampa, a market slightly bigger than Orlando?  

3 words... OCS

4 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

3 words... OCS

You sir, are trying to start a Bullspen riot!   :)  

• Upvote 1