Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

FSU announces $100M gift to create Jim Moran School of Entrepreneurship

Largest donation in the history of Florida public universities..  

Keeping up with the random posts..

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

We only 5 spots behind USF in the 247 sports ranking. We literally have the same quality of recruits at 82.42 and 82.79

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 minutes ago, TigerJay said:

We only 5 spots behind USF in the 247 sports ranking. We literally have the same quality of recruits at 82.42 and 82.79

Cool story bro.  

mustaine-cool-story-bro-o.gif

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

This well written and thoughtful article states that we, and UCiF, have virtually no chance of Big 12 inclusion in the near future. At this point,  we have to hope that they are allowed to have a Championship game with 10 teams and position ourselves for possible expansion in 5 to 10 years. 

http://www.campusrush.com/big-12-conference-questions-future-expansion-1528668401.html

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

18 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

This well written and thoughtful article states that we, and UCiF, have virtually no chance of Big 12 inclusion in the near future. At this point,  we have to hope that they are allowed to have a Championship game with 10 teams and position ourselves for possible expansion in 5 to 10 years. 

http://www.campusrush.com/big-12-conference-questions-future-expansion-1528668401.html

It's no more valid than any other of the umpteen articles that have been written about the subject. The NCAA mob families will meet next month. Let's see what happens.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

43 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

What I have been saying for months now. No way we want expansion to happen now or we will be on the outside looking in. So hope that the Big12 gets their championship game vote in Jan.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,967
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Obviously Pete isn't aware of the double secret email a ESPN guy sent a Houston fan, GoCoogs or something, that had UCF as a lock and Houston/Cincy battling it out for the other spot based on their average attendance this year ....

I think Thamel's a pretty well connected guy in the industry and although it is still just his opinion, it carries a little more juice than the multitude of other bloggers out there. Personally, I hope that the B12 is allowed to have the CCG without going to divisions because that's the way it should be but, as mentioned in his article, that's not going to fly with the other Pee5's because it could put the B12 in a pretty good position for the Final Four in most years.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Obviously Pete isn't aware of the double secret email a ESPN guy sent a Houston fan, GoCoogs or something, that had UCF as a lock and Houston/Cincy battling it out for the other spot based on their average attendance this year ....

I think Thamel's a pretty well connected guy in the industry and although it is still just his opinion, it carries a little more juice than the multitude of other bloggers out there. Personally, I hope that the B12 is allowed to have the CCG without going to divisions because that's the way it should be but, as mentioned in his article, that's not going to fly with the other Pee5's because it could put the B12 in a pretty good position for the Final Four in most years.

I will say that BYU is obviously in if they want to be. So hearing that BYU and Cincy are the frontrunners isn't a surprise. Cincy is a good school, good market, gives the Big 12 a foothold in a new region, solid revenue sports for the past decade. I can't argue against their inclusion. What gets interesting to me is that BYU doesn't want to be in a conference. So if the Big 12 goes looking for Cincy +1 we need to be the wingman. Here's hoping Frost is a dumpster fire of a hire and UCF burns to the ground.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

29 minutes ago, Triple B said:

if any of those 3 is a lock it's Cincy bc of the geographical bridge to WVU.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't understand why Cincy would go.  We put up 65 points on them this year.  We should go.