Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The Big 12 should go to 14 tealms a la the Big 10, SEC and ACC. That would give us the best chance to get an invite. I would argue for Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston and USF.

The biggest thing that hurts Houston is the fact that the Big 12 has Texas covered.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

The Big 12 is going to make a move after this season, I bet.

Look at the current Playoff Rankings. http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Oklahoma is playing very well right now and OSU almost lost last week; OSU has to play two tough games.

I think that conference is going to be left out again. They will have to make a move.

Through out expansion, I have failed to see why this matters.  They need a CC game.  If they can achieve this without expansion, why would they need to add anyone.  USF, Cincy, Memphis, Houston, UCF....  None of those programs would increase the strength of schedule.  Further, it would be years before any of those teams could recruit at a level to be competitive.  Now, if all they care about is market size, new markets, recruiting, and potential, then USF and the school to the East are the best bets.  Again though, none of these schools would help the Big 12's playoff hopes.      

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  9,803
  • Days Won:  8

The biggest thing that hurts Houston is the fact that the Big 12 has Texas covered.

with baylor, TCU, Texas and Texas Tech, I don't see them adding houston

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

Through out expansion, I have failed to see why this matters.  They need a CC game.  If they can achieve this without expansion, why would they need to add anyone.  USF, Cincy, Memphis, Houston, UCF....  None of those programs would increase the strength of schedule.  Further, it would be years before any of those teams could recruit at a level to be competitive.  Now, if all they care about is market size, new markets, recruiting, and potential, then USF and the school to the East are the best bets.  Again though, none of these schools would help the Big 12's playoff hopes.      

years to be competitive?  How do you explain TCU?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

Strong and improving academics. Tourney teams: Mens and Ladies soccer. Highly regarded ladies basketball team. Ranked baseball. Perennially ranked softball.  Highly ranked, golf, both tennis teams.  Great facilities, great tv market and now an improving and maybe one of the hottest football teams in the country that likely be improving for the next couple of years. 

With the resurgence of football I don't know what more can be done either on or off the field at this point when realignment happens. We are not a one hit wonder and we offer a lot. Just depends on what a league is looking for. 

All we are missing is an OCS 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Strong and improving academics. Tourney teams: Mens and Ladies soccer. Highly regarded ladies basketball team. Ranked baseball. Perennially ranked softball.  Highly ranked, golf, both tennis teams.  Great facilities, great tv market and now an improving and maybe one of the hottest football teams in the country that likely be improving for the next couple of years. 

With the resurgence of football I don't know what more can be done either on or off the field at this point when realignment happens. We are not a one hit wonder and we offer a lot. Just depends on what a league is looking for. 

I don't know how far we are from AAU membership, a stated goal that Judy has been steadily working towards.  From what you have written above, and considering the geographical background of our state's residents, the better choice for USF is B1G (although I would rather be ACC or SEC).

The truth is, if Memphis, Houston, Temple, UCF, and maybe one or more improve enough, maybe we can become a P6 and draw West Virginia back into the group for  a big TV deal.   That would actually be a pretty nice conference.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14

You realize everyone has to pass off on the CC game win under 12. Why do you think it has stalled? Also the ACC trying to make its conference game non-division based. It probably will not happen. Why would the B-10, P-12, and SEC make it easier on its competition. B12 will be adding 2-4 very soon and the ACC may have to consider realignment in the divisions. 

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,764
  • Days Won:  53

At least USF will replace the UCF name in the rumor mill for now!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,871
  • Days Won:  25

I still think that the two Florida schools should be picked up. Especially if they are going to take 4. I think the other two would be Cincy and maybe Memphis. That way people have travel buddies, and you get good markets. Look at the big ten, markets matter.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,764
  • Days Won:  53

I still think that the two Florida schools should be picked up. Especially if they are going to take 4. I think the other two would be Cincy and maybe Memphis. That way people have travel buddies, and you get good markets. Look at the big ten, markets matter.

USF / UCF matchups in a P5 conference would be good sellouts.