Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Given current state of football affairs I get scared seeing this thread with new posts.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

This thread's acting weird for me. When I use the Next Unread Topic button, this is the only thread that it doesn't take me to the last unread post but rather the top of Page 344.

This thread's acting weird for me. When I use the Next Unread Topic button, this is the only thread that it doesn't take me to the last unread post but rather the top of Page 344.

maybe you need lessons on how to use the innerwebz...

I have a serious, serious problem here and you're making jokes ....

Yes Sir!  You can count on me to keep the comedy flowing.

Hey, it works now!! ..... Good job!

Brad made me the technical/troubleshooter MOD for situations like this.

It's stopped working again .... Turn in your keyboard.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Given current state of football affairs I get scared seeing this thread with new posts.

345 pages of ********. I wouldn't be too worried the news of our demise is coming in this thread.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

keep-scrolling-nothing-to-see-here.jpg

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,764
  • Days Won:  53

Yes.  

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

File this under, "For What It's Worth":

Greg Flugaur @flugempire 10h10 hours ago

B12 will expand for 2017 FB season. And according to B10 perception it won't be BYU or UCF.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire 10h10 hours ago

More than a few reasons BYU is out..but location has reared its head. 11:00am games not going away. Travel expenditures is a key component

Greg Flugaur @flugempire 1h1 hour ago

B12, according to what the B10 now believes, has vetoed the idea of moving into a 3rd time zone. BYU location >> (-) vs BYU Big Brand (+)

Quite a change. But reasons have been stated. If B10 has it read right...B12 near future will consist of: CINCY/UH Or CINCY/Memphis

Important note. B12 expansion Train is further down the track than believed.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

No way they add a 5th Texas team. Right now, I'd say Cincy/Memphis adds the most value since BYU is a pain in the ass.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I've had this worry that ESPN is doing it best to make sure UCF/USF isn't part of the Big 12 expansion talks.  They've more or less put a vast majority of their eggs in the ACC/SEC basket.  They're likely to lose the BIG10 to Fox completely when negotiations come up, so they want to keep the southeast US on lockdown for them.  If the Big 12 expands in Florida and gives Fox Sports more exposure into the southeast, and possibly hurts some of their brands with giving UCF/USF big money (likely hurting Miami the `most), then its not good for their business.  While the Big 12 could greatly benefit from mass exposure in a big state like Florida, ESPN doesn't benefit at all from that move.  

ESPN is the :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

No way they add a 5th Texas team. Right now, I'd say Cincy/Memphis adds the most value since BYU is a pain in the ass.

Why do you say they wouldn't add a 5th Texas team? Houston is one of the biggest cities in the country, and the school is growing very fast (under the leadership of Judy disciple and former USF provost Renu Khator, funny enough).  Given the population here, those games would likely be selling out for any home games against UT, Baylor, Oklahoma, Tech, and TCU. It's also likely it would mean a lot of eyeballs on the TV.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Why do you say they wouldn't add a 5th Texas team? Houston is one of the biggest cities in the country, and the school is growing very fast (under the leadership of Judy disciple and former USF provost Renu Khator, funny enough).  Given the population here, those games would likely be selling out for any home games against UT, Baylor, Oklahoma, Tech, and TCU. It's also likely it would mean a lot of eyeballs on the TV.

It doesn't make a lot of sense for them.  Theres nothing bad about Houston, but the Big 12 already has a lot of exposure in the state of Texas.  The conference as a whole has by far the lowest exposure of any of the P5, only playing conference games in 5 states with 4 of those being lower in population (Okl, Iowa, Kansas & WV).  For comparison, the B1G plays conference games in 11 states, the SEC 11 states, and the ACC 9 states (10 for basketball).  All those conferences get exposed to a lot more markets just on regional games.  If the Big12 is going to keep up with the other conferences next go around (no matter how TV contracts look then), they need to expand their footprint.

Edited by Bullshiznitz