Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Did read an article yesterday that ESPN has lost viewers (to preempt here's a link to an article)....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Did read an article yesterday that ESPN has lost viewers (to preempt here's a link to an article)....

Pretty insightful article about them ... although it didn't really intimate anything about college football being down, though, but rather the problems stem from the other crap, non live programming, they put out there. Like the article said, they need to go back to their roots ... but I think the competition out there now would make that pretty hard to do.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Pretty insightful article about them ... although it didn't really intimate anything about college football being down, though, but rather the problems stem from the other crap, non live programming, they put out there. Like the article said, they need to go back to their roots ... but I think the competition out there now would make that pretty hard to do.

I actually am a cord cutter. Current setup is Roku w/ HBO GO, Hulu Plus, and an occasional sprinkle of Netflix. If ESPN had a pay for subscription I would get it.

Gonna work out what to do now that the season is around the corner... 

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

If ESPN had a pay for subscription I would get it.

Doesn't Sling TV offer this?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

Yup. $20 per month (but only for 1 TV). If your old lady is watching figure skating on the Duece and you want to watch CFB in the basement your are SOL

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Yup. $20 per month (but only for 1 TV). If your old lady is watching figure skating on the Duece and you want to watch CFB in the basement your are SOL

Not true.  You can watch on your laptop or tablet still.  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

Not true.  You can watch on your laptop or tablet still.

But doesn't it still have to be skating you're watching on the tablet? Didn't think it could support different simultaneous streams

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,319
  • Days Won:  11

ESPN is an evil good ole' boys network and enough people are finally voting with their wallets against them. I never watch ESPN unless forced to watch USF games aired on it. I agree with the article's author - buncha talking heads dishing hogwash. I'd add the self-serving agenda and penchant for stomping on the little guys while "reporting."

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,716
  • Days Won:  53

Gotta love ESPN for that up to date Cowboys or New York Giants news with predictable takes zzz...

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

ESPN is an evil good ole' boys network and enough people are finally voting with their wallets against them. I never watch ESPN unless forced to watch USF games aired on it. I agree with the article's author - buncha talking heads dishing hogwash. I'd add the self-serving agenda and penchant for stomping on the little guys while "reporting."

Samesies. I stopped watching ESPN a few years ago, other than when my teams are playing on one of their networks. Sportscenter (their one redeeming original show outside of the 30 for 30 series) has become TMZ Sports, which I have no interest in.