Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Got that, so we're good?

You wondered what we're doing. We're building new baseball and softball facilities. New football practice fields. A new arena and practice courts for basketball. Continuing to maintain one of the top collegiate golf courses in the nation. Tennis is coming up for a huge makeover. Tell me what you'd add to the equation to overtake Colorado State and Tulsa.

And now #10 in number of patents issued.  At one time I thought AAU status was something of a pipe dream, now it seems achievable.  It all adds to the overall prestige of the school.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Got that, so we're good?

You wondered what we're doing. We're building new baseball and softball facilities. New football practice fields. A new arena and practice courts for basketball. Continuing to maintain one of the top collegiate golf courses in the nation. Tennis is coming up for a huge makeover. Tell me what you'd add to the equation to overtake Colorado State and Tulsa.

Blah, Blah, Blah.... While it's nice that we have the best Squash courts in the southeast, it doesn't matter. Only sport that matters (when it comes to realignment) is football. If basketball or Taber Toss mattered then UConn would hve been in already.

Only 2 things we can do now. Put a great product on the field for the fans to enjoy, and put it in an OCS.

If football were the only thing, then Syracuse would be in the AAC

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Got that, so we're good?

And now #10 in number of patents issued.  At one time I thought AAU status was something of a pipe dream, now it seems achievable.  It all adds to the overall prestige of the school.

Forgive my ignorance, but who actually makes the determination on AAU acceptance?  Do we have to hit certain marks and the we are in, or is it a board opinion type decision?  

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Got that, so we're good?

And now #10 in number of patents issued. At one time I thought AAU status was something of a pipe dream, now it seems achievable. It all adds to the overall prestige of the school.

Forgive my ignorance, but who actually makes the determination on AAU acceptance? Do we have to hit certain marks and the we are in, or is it a board opinion type decision?

I'm on my phone or I'd put in some links for you. Hit up the AAU website and they lay out the criteria.

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

We have Squash and Taber Toss?

Ummm... what the heck is Taber Toss?

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Got that, so we're good?

And now #10 in number of patents issued. At one time I thought AAU status was something of a pipe dream, now it seems achievable. It all adds to the overall prestige of the school.

Forgive my ignorance, but who actually makes the determination on AAU acceptance? Do we have to hit certain marks and the we are in, or is it a board opinion type decision?

I'm on my phone or I'd put in some links for you. Hit up the AAU website and they lay out the criteria.

Thanks, yea, we are not getting in.

I spent 15 minutes or so reading other AAU articles, kicking out Nebraska?  Syracuse leaving.  Seems like this is a good 'ole boys club that wants to get smaller.  Just looking at the list of members was pretty shocking.  This seems like a club where being worthy of acceptance is not enough.  Seems like we would need friends on the inside.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It's where they toss Tabers.  

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

i think he meant tater tots

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

i think he meant tater tots

common typo, it's Sabre Toss, where they throw them skinny swords at each other. Quite entertaining...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I didn't think it was a typo since he typed it twice ... Tossing tater tots is a better game, imo.