Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

Argh. Academically we are not on even footing with UCF. The endowment and research expenditures are not even in the same ballpark, literally.

Regardless, we're essentially even.

If you believe these "rankings" and that BYU won't join B12, or the ridiculous notion that they'll take SDSU (creating eastern and western islands) then one of us is going with UC someday. If you think they go 14, it probably means Tulane in addition to the aforementioned 3.

That said, I think B12 lowers it's prestige so much by adding USF and Tulane (unfortunate but true) that it'd forego a championship game completely rather than make that move.

Scratching my head a bit on research expenditures...

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/ac/ido/oeip/taf/univ/r_and_d/r_d_nsf_2012.htm

Yes the data is a year old, but we grew in 2013 and 2014 so far

Edit: maybe I read it wrong; did you mean to say we were blowing out UCF? May have been a better way to start.

My apologies. Yes, I meant we're blowing out UCF. I mean, we have literally 3x the endowment and expenditures - good for 2nd in the state behind UF - and people want to place us on even footing with them? GTFO. They're competing with FIU academically. 

A lot of that has to do with USF's medical school being around so long. UCF's endowment numbers are going to explode in 5-10 years and will pass FSU at least now that the medical city is open and the soon to be Downtown Campus. UCF's acceptance rate is very competitive

Academics only matter to the PAC12 and BIG10 anyway. Big 12 doesn't care see Texas Tech's acceptance rate

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  14

Ambienknight is right. USF should have learned the lesson that you cannot ignore the flaws that are covered up by fortune.

By the way, how about MHVER3 predicting Pitt AD departure. Some here call his BS. That was some specific ish right there. Short version: mhver3 tweets: "ACC school in Pennsylvania sinking fast" or something like that a few days ago. Tonight, Pitt AD is out.

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Ambienknight is right. USF should have learned the lesson that you cannot ignore the flaws that are covered up by fortune.

By the way, how about MHVER3 predicting Pitt AD departure. Some here call his BS. That was some specific ish right there. Short version: mhver3 tweets: "ACC school in Pennsylvania sinking fast" or something like that a few days ago. Tonight, Pitt AD is out.

we should hire him as a consultant. maybe he can get us into the ACC...

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

That was tweeted right around the time that Chryst told the team he was going to interview at Wisky....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  14

Speaking of Tom Petty songs, "Free Fallin" best describes the state of football at which Pennsylvania ACC school?

https://twitter.com/MHver3/status/544601326181949441

I guess can be argued that this is ambiguous, and probably just basic trash talk from a rival school (Pitt and WVU are rivals). It's not necessarily *specific* to the AD but does somewhat predict Chryst leaving

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Speaking of Tom Petty songs, "Free Fallin" best describes the state of football at which Pennsylvania ACC school?

I guess can be argued that this is ambiguous, and probably just basic trash talk from a rival school (Pitt and WVU are rivals). It's not necessarily *specific* to the AD but does somewhat predict Chryst leaving

Chryst going to Wisky was pretty much a done deal as soon as that job became open.  It was pretty much assumed by everyone as soon as their coach left.  It was a vague post and by no means some kind of super double secret news that he broke or predicted.  

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

I watched that back in the day. I watched Dogma, Clerks, Mallrats and JASBSB all in a row. Probably forgot a few things.

Hope you watched Clerks 2.

It was a great ending movie for the series.

...Until Clerks 3 comes out

I have it on DVD, waiting until Clerks comes back around to watch them together. Never actually saw Clerks before.

Dogma, OTOH, is one of my ALL-time favorites.

you never saw clerks?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I watched that back in the day. I watched Dogma, Clerks, Mallrats and JASBSB all in a row. Probably forgot a few things.

I have it on DVD, waiting until Clerks comes back around to watch them together. Never actually saw Clerks before.

you never saw clerks?

not yet...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Chryst going to Wisky was pretty much a done deal as soon as that job became open.  It was pretty much assumed by everyone as soon as their coach left.  It was a vague post and by no means some kind of super double secret news that he broke or predicted.  

He's certainly not as good as this guy .... 2iw4j6u.jpg

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

you never saw clerks?

not yet...

if you have Netflix, its on there