Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

Just tell the Big12 we will do 2 years for free. We can live off the Big east money till then

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I'm sure the B12 have met up with many teams (USF included) for preliminary talks

I'm sure most have kept it secret

I'm pretty sure someone from Cincy leaked their meeting intentionally in order to get more attention.  Remember, they are the school that gave out Christmas cards and practically begged publicly for admittance.  Hasn't worked yet. (Whether or not it will is TBD)

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

My prediction has been that the BIG 12 wont expand until their new TV deal comes up which would be in about 10 years. I think they would look for expansion about 2 to 3 years before that so that they can negotiate a bigger TV deal. And if that is the case, that is good news for both USF and UCF since they are in big TV markets. Remember this, USF and UCF rating wont really matter as they know Texas ratings would do better since they are a known power house. The Texas Longhorn Network will love to get their station on in Tampa Bay and Orlando area.  Also, the Florida recruiting helps too. So USF and UCF have about 4 to 5 years to get their acts together and get attendence back up. The wake up call came and now it is time to get back to 45 to 50K average. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Who cares about FedEx money when you've got Mons Venus???

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

My prediction has been that the BIG 12 wont expand until their new TV deal comes up which would be in about 10 years. I think they would look for expansion about 2 to 3 years before that so that they can negotiate a bigger TV deal. And if that is the case, that is good news for both USF and UCF since they are in big TV markets. Remember this, USF and UCF rating wont really matter as they know Texas ratings would do better since they are a known power house. The Texas Longhorn Network will love to get their station on in Tampa Bay and Orlando area.  Also, the Florida recruiting helps too. So USF and UCF have about 4 to 5 years to get their acts together and get attendence back up. The wake up call came and now it is time to get back to 45 to 50K average. 

so we only have about 10 years left of this thread? How many pages will we be up to then?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I know you aren't going to believe me because it expansion but don't be surprised if it happens. $$$ talks and Texas will shut up

$$$ talks, so Texas will take less money by adding more teams?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

it

I know you aren't going to believe me because it expansion but don't be surprised if it happens. $$$ talks and Texas will shut up

$$$ talks, so Texas will take less money by adding more teams?

it's quite possible that the teams that join could do so as junior members. they wouldn't take full share of revenue

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Our athletic department? Keep something secret? Ppphhfff! :ph34r:  I've got this buoyant boat that I'd like to sell you; it was owned by Steve Masiello.

Edited by Paisa el Toro

I'm sure the B12 have met up with many teams (USF included) for preliminary talks

I'm pretty sure someone from Cincy leaked their meeting intentionally in order to get more attention.  Remember, they are the school that gave out Christmas cards and practically begged publicly for admittance.  Hasn't worked yet. (Whether or not it will is TBD)

Their new athletic director was hired SPECIFICIALLY to get Cincinnati into the Big 12.  That is actually one of the goals spelled out for him, if you can believe that.  Heck, the AD might have even been the source!

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

One thing we should all keep in mind is that when it comes to money (conferences and their business), people do not tell the truth. We can hear all kinds of things and it will not mean very much about expansion or no expansion for the Big 12.

Here are the facts:

(1) The Big 12 has the fewest number of teams of any P5 conference.

(2) The Big 12 has no championship game.

(3) The selection committee said not having a championship game mattered in this year's selection.

Now, the Big 12 can sit on their duff or do something about it. Who really knows? I certainly don't believe anything they say until it's official.

My guess? They are going to expand this summer. Unless they plan on having an undefeated team every year, this problem is going to come up again (no championship game & winner).

Edited by BasketBull2014