Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Expansion candidates from TAMU board. Few see USF as an expansion candidate. Last 4 years have taken us out of most discussions.

http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2572629

Uh oh.  Now I'm really worried ... :icon_drink:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,164
  • Days Won:  109

Expansion candidates from TAMU board. Few see USF as an expansion candidate. Last 4 years have taken us out of most discussions.

Funny that they mention La Tech and not USF.  As for the playoff, if they expand it to 128 we might squeak in.

Edit: Just thought of something.  Just make the whole season a big bracket.  Being at 127 we'd play the #2 team.  We'd be eliminated in the 1st week and not have to suffer through 12 full weeks.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Funny that they mention La Tech and not USF.  

Actually USF was mentioned the same amount of times as La Tech, twice... except that there was a "haha" following one of the LT mentions.  ;)

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

http://bearcatsblog.com/2014-articles/sporting-news-big-12-met-with-cincinnati.html

Big 12 officials recently met with administrators from the University of Cincinnati, a source close to the university told Sporting News. That is not an indication membership will be offered to the Bearcats in the immediate future — only that they would be a candidate were such an expansion to be undertaken.

http://bearcatsblog.com/2014-articles/sporting-news-big-12-met-with-cincinnati.html

Big 12 officials recently met with administrators from the University of Cincinnati, a source close to the university told Sporting News. That is not an indication membership will be offered to the Bearcats in the immediate future — only that they would be a candidate were such an expansion to be undertaken.

**** it!! ... I knew we should have sent out Christmas cards.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

So, I'm listening to what's-his-name on 620 this afternoon, as I drive my route, and the subject of USF football - and it's irrelevancy cropped up.

"Stop this academic stuff" (not my words, his words - underscoring why words matter) "if you want to be a football school". And the rant continued directed towards Genshaft to get into the Big XII - as they have two openings. Probably not one of the better thought out tirades, but the point being that a failure to exit the AAC will doom USF football, for all eternity, to the realm of the irrlevant. No one cares that the offensive/defensive/special teams/equipment managers/ bus drivers were fired...because today...USF doesn't matter. "It doesn't matter how much you have to travel", said Mr. Microphone.

While I appreciate the crux of his diatribe I just don't think it adds to your credibility when you insert "stop this academic stuff" into your discussion of college football.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

So, I'm listening to what's-his-name on 620 this afternoon, as I drive my route, and the subject of USF football - and it's irrelevancy cropped up.

"Stop this academic stuff" (not my words, his words - underscoring why words matter) "if you want to be a football school". And the rant continued directed towards Genshaft to get into the Big XII - as they have two openings. Probably not one of the better thought out tirades, but the point being that a failure to exit the AAC will doom USF football, for all eternity, to the realm of the irrlevant. No one cares that the offensive/defensive/special teams/equipment managers/ bus drivers were fired...because today...USF doesn't matter. "It doesn't matter how much you have to travel", said Mr. Microphone.

While I appreciate the crux of his diatribe I just don't think it adds to your credibility when you insert "stop this academic stuff" into your discussion of college football.

The next better thought out tirade from the Big Doofus will be his first ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Days Won:  6

Even if the playoff is expanded to 8, they will never give an auto bid to conference champions.  It will always have to be based on rankings.  At some point the champion of a P5 conference is going to be 9-4 (or 8-5) while the loser goes 12-1.   When 3 of 4 (or 8) slots are taken up by 9-4 teams, there would be a riot by 11-1 or 10-2 P5 teams that are left out.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

I didnt hear it but i agree....Judy and her stand up for the Big East are directly responsible for our irrelevance....everyone wants to blame DW i disagree