Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Lets just say that Cincy and UCF are heading to the BIG 12. What schools does the AAC bring in? Marshall and Southern Miss?? La Tech?? There are still some schools out there that would fit the AAC. Marshall will be good to give ECU that rivalry. LA TECH gives Tulsa that rivaly. Southern Miss gives USF their most hated rivalry. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

Today we witness the relegation of USF football to the minor leagues forever. We had a chance and blew it. I just hope they don't take the Kanigits

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

You have to water a seed and give it the best chance to grow before you judge the bloom

Edited by Skingraft

Today we witness the relegation of USF football to the minor leagues forever. We had a chance and blew it. I just hope they don't rake the Kanigits

Looking more and more that UCF will get the call. They deserve it as they worked their tails off at the 64-12 loss to USF. USF was just stupid to fire Leavitt. Judy deserves this blame as she was pouting off out how good the BIG EAST will even after Cuse and PITT left. She should have stopped trying to play a god for USF athletics. It is no wonder that USF athletics went down the drail as soon as LRS passed away. That tells you right there that USF lost their last leader in athletics at the time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gents, we are puppy dogs when it comes to FB...

That will be taken in consideration

You guys realize we are 12th in the world in patents, we increased our research funding again this year, winning championships in other sports, and we WILL have an OCS. Our future is bright... Stay positive gents, just because we have had 4 bad years??? Really???? Tell me a program that has not had a run of bad coaching..,

I agree with this. However, this tells us that USF is not ready to receive an invite to P5. USF has years of work to do. When USF is ready, they will be invited. It will be up to the Tampa Bay community, alumni, and USF fans to get USF where it needs to be. A lesson has been dealt to the young USF program in that there will be down periods in the program. There were boosters that thought that Leavitt had it made as USF was in the middle of the high school football area. They didnt realise all the hard work that Leavitt put into the program to get USF in a BCS conference. Now they know and I bet those boosters wish they would have never fired the guy that spoiled USF fans with early success.

From a business perspective, you have to water receipt for it to grow. This means, you have to give you a chance to build under the right conditions.

I know what you are saying and agree.  The bad thing about that is that USF was given a chance in BIG EAST with BCS status. USF blew it right there. Imagine if USF makes a BCS bowl during that time? Missed oportunity. BIG 12 ,may now say, UCF deserves that chance. Heck, UCF killed their BIG 12 champ last year. So signs point to UCF being called up. Just have to take my Green & Gold glasses off and accept reality. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

Today we witness the relegation of USF football to the minor leagues forever. We had a chance and blew it. I just hope they don't rake the Kanigits

Looking more and more that UCF will get the call. They deserve it as they worked their tails off at the 64-12 loss to USF. USF was just stupid to fire Leavitt. Judy deserves this blame as she was pouting off out how good the BIG EAST will even after Cuse and PITT left. She should have stopped trying to play a god for USF athletics. It is no wonder that USF athletics went down the drail as soon as LRS passed away. That tells you right there that USF lost their last leader in athletics at the time.

I hate that you're right.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

Lets just say that Cincy and UCF are heading to the BIG 12. What schools does the AAC bring in? Marshall and Southern Miss?? La Tech?? There are still some schools out there that would fit the AAC. Marshall will be good to give ECU that rivalry. LA TECH gives Tulsa that rivaly. Southern Miss gives USF their most hated rivalry. 

In that scenario FAU. They are pouring millions of dollars into their Program

In that scenario FAU. They are pouring millions of dollars into their Program

I was thinking about FAU too. Also, FIU is a big school but I am not sure about their support. The rumors about a month ago had the AAC commish looking for new members as the AAC is preparing to lose a few teams in the not so distant future. So I am going to say Cincy and UCF get the call. Wont be suprised if Memphis gets the call either. Not seeing USF getting a call unless some miracle happens by Harlan selling BIG 12 that a combo UCF/USF package is the way to go. And that would be a big miracle and USF would be very thankful for UCF's recent success. So reality of it is that Cincy and UCF are gone and the AAC will be looking at FAU. 

• Topic Count:  421
  • Content Count:  9,785
  • Days Won:  8

Expansion candidates from TAMU board. Few see USF as an expansion candidate. Last 4 years have taken us out of most discussions.

http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2572629

Expansion candidates from TAMU board. Few see USF as an expansion candidate. Last 4 years have taken us out of most discussions.

http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2572629

The biggest selling point that USF has over most of those candidates is that the facilites are great. USF needs to pitch plans for the OCS and it better blow people away. BIG 12 loves great facilites. Also, the TV markets since BIG 12 needs to get a better TV deal in the next one. **** it! Wish both LRS and Leavitt were still here as I would like our chances better. Right now, I dont expect anything. USF has been going through bad times and I expect it to continue. UCF has been blessed with good times as of latem so I offer my congrats to them as they have a great chance at getting into the P5. That is just the reality of it right now.