• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

http://www.theuconnb...ote-realignment

Report: Louisville one vote shy of ACC invite

By Andrew Porter on Nov 27, 7:56p 2

Well, this is not what you want to read after a long day:

Louisville reportedly one vote short of getting approval to come to ACC
— mark blaudschun (@blauds)

That's Mark Blaudschun, updating a post we discussed earlier to say that at the last vote held by the ACC Louisville was in the lead, but one vote shy of acceptance. I suppose that could be a bad news/good news sort of thing, but really it feels like it is all bad news.

Of course, this doesn't mean anything is over. One vote shy is still one vote shy -- whoever is voting no had a reason to do so, and hopefully they'll stick by it. Plus we dont' know where UConn stands in this whole thing. How many votes does UConn have? How strong is their support? And what are the odds of a compromise where both teams get in because of an impasse?

In case you're wondering there are currently 11 voting members in the ACC. Syracuse, Pitt and Notre Dame won't have votes until they officially join and Maryland forfeited theirs by leaving. To get an invite a school needs to get 75 percent of the possible votes, meaning they need nine of 11. So, if this report is accurate that means Louisville is sitting on 8 (one might imagine three of Duke/UNC/Virginia/Wake Forest are the no votes) and UConn is at something less than that.

There's still a lot that has to be played out here, but I, for one, am more nervous than I was an hour ago.

The interesting thing to think about this "information" is if another team leaves the ACC,are they likely to be a for UL or against UL voter. My money says the defectors would be for UL since it would tend to lessen liability and backlash. This might be as close as UL ever gets. BTW, the exact same rumor was floated when UL was trying to get into the B12. Somehow I have a feeling that this is self induced grandeur coming out of KY. The reason the B12 hid behind in not adding UL was academics, that would surely hurt their ACC chance as well, but today is a different day, as well.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

Right about now Judy needs to cut a profanity laden promo on Doug that includes, "You do realize that athletics is the main if not sole driver of university pride and support once the vast majority of people graduate, I've worked to hard to build up this university, and I'm not gonna let this stain my legacy without a fight."

Then she needs to put on her best green pant suit, hop in her Volvo and head east on I4. Tell the UCF president that FSU holds a lot of the cards, that if FSU stay in the ACC, then USF and UCF need to make a death pact. Offer both schools as a package deal to the Big 12 to give them the Florida market. The I4 corridor can be Big 12 country, which would include the 13th and 19th largest media markets. Sell it, Sell it, Sell it, plaster billboards all over I4, we are both in the top 10 in terms of enrollment, and have huge potential for growth. Sell the farm, offer football only if that is what it would take, ask for less of a revenue split if the Big 12 conference bylaws would even allow. At this stage it seems as if just being at the dinner table is better than the present situation.

If FSU jumps to another conference, sell the same scenario to the ACC.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,260

If FSU joins the Big 12, we don't need UCF to get into the ACC. We'd get our pairing with Miami, which I'd prefer and I'm sure the majority of you would as well.

Heres an article about Louisville being the likely #14, at least it mentions us as a candidate... grasping at straws at this point

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/david-glenn/2012112714123/acc-will-vote-on-expansion-wednesday-morning.php

Louisville already has indicated publicly and privately that it will accept an ACC invitation if it comes. Cincinnati, Connecticut, Navy and South Florida also have pursued ACC membership and indicated that they would join if invited. UConn and Navy also have received support from multiple ACC presidents, sources said, but only Louisville currently has a realistic chance at the votes required for an official invitation.

Sounds to me like the pecking order is:

1. Louisville

2. UConn

3. Navy

4. Cincy

5. USF

However, if FSU goes to the Big 12, i assume we move up at least to 3.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  187

Played golf with a Louisville alum yesterday and he said they were trying for Big12 invite but would settle for ACC if Big12 wasn't interested in them.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

Believe him or not you guys can not let Judy and Doug sign a GORs!

MHver3 @MHver3 8h

Two biggest losers will be USF and Cincy. Even with patching the ship the new BE will be lucky to get 5 mil per team. View details · wvuscott_normal.jpg MHver3 @MHver3 8h

That means once the ACC poaches this round they will have nowhere else to go but Army/Navy View details · wvuscott_normal.jpg MHver3 @MHver3 8h

Now the consensus is that everyone but UL GT StJ and Uconn will sign a GOR. If the ACC passes on the bball onlys than they will sign too

View details ·

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

Also I said previously to keep an eye out for UConn trying to do a quasi independent football/Basketball for ACC like ND. This might be more likely than most here thought.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

The one thing I would like at his point is the following.

I would like for S.Miss name come up as an expansion candidate. And USF conferences Paul Griffin in on the call and he gets to say "quality not quantity *****."

The rest of this is a cluster, but that would make me feel a teensy bit better.

I remember that. S.Piss can kiss my backside. Even Skippypoo managed to win 3 games. They won 0! How's that for "quality"? Where is that punk Eagle in Yune? LOL

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114

Jeremy Fowlerâ€@JFowlerCBS

From what I've gathered, ACC doesn't have interest in expanding to 16 at this time.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Dan Wetzel â€@DanWetzel

If ACC needs to further expand, feels UConn, Cincinnati, USF, etc will still be available

At least we are not etc just yet!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867

Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel

If ACC needs to further expand, feels UConn, Cincinnati, USF, etc will still be available

At least we are not etc just yet!

I still don't see any way USF enters an ACC with FSU and Miami. Unless one of them leave, we're still hanging out in The-New-C-USATM.