Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

FSU will not leave ACC imo. They just won the National Championship and Heisman. They are on track for the playoff this year.

Texas will do whatever it wants and screw everyone they can.... They have a sweet deal with ESPN longhorn network as well... I can't see them leaving the big 12 because they'd no longer get to push their conference mates around. Texas is what caused the teams that could to leave the Big12.

If FSU can get double the TV money, why wouldn't they leave?  

If USF went undefeated and go into the four team playoff, would we then turn down offers to a P5 conference?  I hope not.

No undefeated team from the G5 will ever make the 4 team playoff. SOS is a huge factor now in determining the rankings of the teams. The selection Comittee will release their first top 20 poll on Oct 28th. You will see every 2 loss SEC team ranked ahead of every G5 team.

And...you missed the point.

Not really. Your premise is flawed. If USF went undefeated they would never make the playoffs. If this was possible, I would rather stay in the AAC and beat up baby seals for an undefeated season and have the highest chance of making the playoffs every year. I'd trade P5 money for Natty Champs every year, same philosophy as Notre Lame.

It is possible, just not probable ...

Come on Trip, it's possible you could win the lottery every week too.

You've been here long enough to know that I am Señor Semantics .... but, yeah, USF, or any G5 team, going to the playoffs would mean that at least 2 P5 conferences would be left out in the cold and the odds of me winning the lottery every week are better than that happening.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

Not to change the subject, but if there were an eight-team playoff instead of a four-team playoff, and the G5 were guaranteed, say, one spot, wouldn't that solve the access problem? And if the access problem were solved - setting aside the extra money and exposure in the P5 - would it be so bad to only have to play your way through AAC/other G5 teams?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Not to change the subject, but if there were an eight-team playoff instead of a four-team playoff, and the G5 were guaranteed, say, one spot, wouldn't that solve the access problem? And if the access problem were solved - setting aside the extra money and exposure in the P5 - would it be so bad to only have to play your way through AAC/other G5 teams?

I have a feeling it will go to 8 soon.  There's already rumblings from the Big 10 that they may get left out and they're not happy about it.  If Notre Dame gets in, then 2 P5 conferences get left out.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I have a feeling it will go to 8 soon.  There's already rumblings from the Big 10 that they may get left out and they're not happy about it.  If Notre Dame gets in, then 2 P5 conferences get left out.

ND and 2 SEC teams getting in would be pretty much perfect

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

they are leaving way too much money on the table. they will go to 8 in short order.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I have a feeling it will go to 8 soon. There's already rumblings from the Big 10 that they may get left out and they're not happy about it. If Notre Dame gets in, then 2 P5 conferences get left out.

they are leaving way too much money on the table. they will go to 8 in short order.

That will still do nothing to help the G5 teams. The only way we would be positively impacted is if it went to 16 teams.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I have a feeling it will go to 8 soon. There's already rumblings from the Big 10 that they may get left out and they're not happy about it. If Notre Dame gets in, then 2 P5 conferences get left out.

That will still do nothing to help the G5 teams. The only way we would be positively impacted is if it went to 16 teams.

nah we will easily get 1 in if deserved.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It would unfortunately likely be a road game at the #1 teams home stadium, but it's better than nothing.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,558
  • Days Won:  19

2007 USF would be contendors for the CFP until mid-way through the season.

If a G5 team schedule and BEATs top opponents... then chances are possible.

"not probable" ; because the P5 will stop scheduling strong G5 teams

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It would unfortunately likely be a road game at the #1 teams home stadium, but it's better than nothing.

Works for me.

Like I said on the other thread, if I get to watch my Bulls play 13 times in a year, that's better than 12.