Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The ACC signed a GOR deal that would make it extremely difficult for any school to leave anytime soon.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9200081/acc-media-rights-deal-lock-schools-okd-presidents

Did the ACC and Maryland settle or are they paying the 52 million?

Never mind....they settled for 31 million

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/maryland-acc-settle-lawsuits-conference-will-keep-313-million-in-exit-fees/2014/08/08/fd702a18-1f3b-11e4-ae54-0cfe1f974f8a_story.html

So we have confirmation the GOR is not worth the paper it's printed on.

IIRC, Maryland never signed the GOR

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,649
  • Days Won:  51

FSU will not leave ACC imo. They just won the National Championship and Heisman. They are on track for the playoff this year.

Texas will do whatever it wants and screw everyone they can.... They have a sweet deal with ESPN longhorn network as well... I can't see them leaving the big 12 because they'd no longer get to push their conference mates around. Texas is what caused the teams that could to leave the Big12.

If FSU can get double the TV money, why wouldn't they leave?  

If USF went undefeated and go into the four team playoff, would we then turn down offers to a P5 conference?  I hope not.

No undefeated team from the G5 will ever make the 4 team playoff. SOS is a huge factor now in determining the rankings of the teams. The selection Comittee will release their first top 20 poll on Oct 28th. You will see every 2 loss SEC team ranked ahead of every G5 team.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

FSU will not leave ACC imo. They just won the National Championship and Heisman. They are on track for the playoff this year.

Texas will do whatever it wants and screw everyone they can.... They have a sweet deal with ESPN longhorn network as well... I can't see them leaving the big 12 because they'd no longer get to push their conference mates around. Texas is what caused the teams that could to leave the Big12.

If USF went undefeated and go into the four team playoff, would we then turn down offers to a P5 conference?  I hope not.

No undefeated team from the G5 will ever make the 4 team playoff. SOS is a huge factor now in determining the rankings of the teams. The selection Comittee will release their first top 20 poll on Oct 28th. You will see every 2 loss SEC team ranked ahead of every G5 team.

And...you missed the point.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

FSU isn't an AAU school.  Someone said that the school had to be AAU for the Big 10.

Correct, but the University of Florida is... (https://www.aau.edu/about/article.aspx?id=5476)

Although I put as much credibility in that guy as Tuxedo Yoda.

So what you're saying is USF is getting into the SEC. Roger that.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

FSU isn't an AAU school.  Someone said that the school had to be AAU for the Big 10.

Correct, but the University of Florida is... (https://www.aau.edu/about/article.aspx?id=5476)

I think it's a little more complicated than that.  UF goes to the B1G, replaced in the SEC by FSU, then USF takes the ACC spot.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I think it's a little more complicated than that.  UF goes to the B1G, replaced in the SEC by FSU, then USF takes the ACC spot.

I'm down for that. Makes a LOT of sense, actually

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Nonsense, we clearly bring more to the table for the SEC than FSU does.

Not really. Your premise is flawed. If USF went undefeated they would never make the playoffs. If this was possible, I would rather stay in the AAC and beat up baby seals for an undefeated season and have the highest chance of making the playoffs every year. I'd trade P5 money for Natty Champs every year, same philosophy as Notre Lame.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Not really. Your premise is flawed. If USF went undefeated they would never make the playoffs. If this was possible, I would rather stay in the AAC and beat up baby seals for an undefeated season and have the highest chance of making the playoffs every year. I'd trade P5 money for Natty Champs every year, same philosophy as Notre Lame.

It is possible, just not probable ...

It is possible, just not probable ...

Come on Trip, it's possible you could win the lottery every week too.