• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I was just reading back the first few pages of this thread - have all of Bullwinkle's posts been removed from the thread?  It's like the Pen has been completely sanitized of any of his posts ...

is he gone or did he just change his name again?

I think he's gone ... I went through the first 4 pages of this thread and his posts, of which I'm quite certain there were more than a few in those pages, were nowhere to be found. 

Isn't he "Reliable Source" now?

He was ... but again, all of those posts from the first few pages, at least, have been removed. 

He's  still got posts on the thread. Are you sure he had any on the first few pages?

99.9% sure. 

I literally just scrolled quickly through the first 20 pages and not a trace of Mr. Reef.   I know for a fact he posted somewhere in those first 20 pages initially, so there has definitely been some ghosting of posts going on in here. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I was just reading back the first few pages of this thread - have all of Bullwinkle's posts been removed from the thread?  It's like the Pen has been completely sanitized of any of his posts ...

is he gone or did he just change his name again?

I think he's gone ... I went through the first 4 pages of this thread and his posts, of which I'm quite certain there were more than a few in those pages, were nowhere to be found. 

Isn't he "Reliable Source" now?

He was ... but again, all of those posts from the first few pages, at least, have been removed. 

More importantly, has that lowered the page count of this epic thread?  I would think that would have knocked out 50 or so pages...

We must defend this thread!

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Found another link here.  

This I find interesting, he seems to confirm that Aresco is trying desperately to renegotiate TV deals.  Even if the Big 12 decides not to expand, I wonder if he can significantly renegotiate the TV deals.  This could be a win either way.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Wouldn't the Big 12  have to expand?

The Playoff selection committee had mentioned that Conference Championship games would be part of the selection criteria.

Found another link here.  

This I find interesting, he seems to confirm that Aresco is trying desperately to renegotiate TV deals.  Even if the Big 12 decides not to expand, I wonder if he can significantly renegotiate the TV deals.  This could be a win either way.

On what basis would he be able to renegotiate TV deals if we are stuck here?  We, as a conference, have not been lighting it up on the gridiron this year so far. 

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Found another link here.  

On what basis would he be able to renegotiate TV deals if we are stuck here?  We, as a conference, have not been lighting it up on the gridiron this year so far. 

I have no idea.  But if he is really renegotiating he must have some leverage, even if it is only the illusion that some teams may be jumping to another conference.  

The NBA contract signed yesterday is ridiculous.  The advantage the NBA has is sheer number of games over football teams having only 12 per year.  But it really points to a continuing changing landscape with live events being able to garner more and more dollars.  The more dollars we can get, by whatever means, the better the position we are in.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Days Won:  7

Is anyone utterly nervous?

The B12 commissioner was saying that they don't want to dilute their membership because they're all getting absurd payouts. 

So what are they going to do if they make a move? I can't see them taking four schools, I just can't. Why would you go from one of the largest P5 payouts to one of the smallest?  The B12 GOR is already in place, 

So what are they going to do? We're talking four schools here. UC has been a consistent winner, their only issue is that Nippert is not easily expandable to the 60k that the Big 12 would be hoping for (and that can be offset by holding bigger games at Paul Brown). They've built a quality program at this point. ECU? They've been banging on doors for years and have done nothing but win a lot of football games and win the attendance battle. ECU is a large university (26k) with they've consistently sold out their stadium, especially in recent years and have built up quite the fan base. They also have a quite exciting form of football that would tailor well to TV ratings. I don't think we need to say anymore about what UCF has done. What do we have? Great facilities, sure. the Sun Dome is beautiful and Raymond James still works as a big game venue, though perhaps it's not quite as good in promoting the college football experience (and let's not forget-it's not OURs). Our football attendance is down and the jury is currently out on basketball with a new coach. We don't make the Big 12 money unless UCF is nice enough to ask for us to come along with them.

Let's get real. If these rumors are true they might reach out to four schools but most likely they will pick two. And the two will be Cincy and UCF. If it's all four I will be stunned.I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but that's the reality right now.