Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Big 12 teams like KU KSU WV and ISU should be clamoring for expansion. Take UCF USF. Huge TV markets and great for recruiting

Expand
  •  

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Ohio State AD expects additional realignment in 5 to 6 years http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/07/27/dollars-trump-tradition-in-expansion.html â€¦

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

That'd be good. Plenty of time to become a force again.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Bank on it. Tuxedo Yoda is never wrong when it comes to realignment.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Bank on it. Tuxedo Yoda is never wrong when it comes to realignment.

You've gotta figure, he's made so many WRONG predictions, that he's bound to get ONE right.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  228
  • Days Won:  1

You've gotta figure, he's made so many WRONG predictions, that he's bound to get ONE right.

The law averages apparently doesn't apply to TuxedoYoda.There are an infinite number of wrong predictions out there for him to make before getting one right. 

• Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

The problem I see with a Florida school being attractive to a P5 is that Florida has not only a large number of northern transplants that are fans of their home schools but the vast majority of fans are fans of The Big Three. The Big 10 added schools in Maryland and NJ that locally were the biggest in their markets. And they don't have a resident population like Florida with a large number being from other states. I doubt USF or UCF are the biggest draws in their markets and may not be in the top 3'when it comes to fans. So if schools are added purely for money, market share now and for the foreseeable future may not be lucrative enough for an invite. Unless they are counting on the draw of when the P5 has away game in Florida.

And I don't think the opening up Florida to recruiting has much weight for a P5. They probably already are recruiting here if they want. And now that USF plays Texas schools, has it opened up Texas to USF?

Guest PCBull14

The problem I see with a Florida school being attractive to a P5 is that Florida has not only a large number of northern transplants that are fans of their home schools but the vast majority of fans are fans of The Big Three. The Big 10 added schools in Maryland and NJ that locally were the biggest in their markets. And they don't have a resident population like Florida with a large number being from other states. I doubt USF or UCF are the biggest draws in their markets and may not be in the top 3'when it comes to fans. So if schools are added purely for money, market share now and for the foreseeable future may not be lucrative enough for an invite. Unless they are counting on the draw of when the P5 has away game in Florida.

And I don't think the opening up Florida to recruiting has much weight for a P5. They probably already are recruiting here if they want. And now that USF plays Texas schools, has it opened up Texas to USF?

It’s all about Money and TV sets. Tampa/Orlando is a home run when talking about sheer eyes on the T.V Set.

I get what you are saying recruiting wise, but I think it pertains to the bigger schools in each conference. Texas and Oklahoma can already come to Florida and have a decent shot to land a kid. But if they can sell at least one game a season and maybe two that all the family can come to, its an even better sell. The big time star can get away from hometown distractions and still have the rents and family come and see a game live once a year.

If shifting takes place again in 5 to 6 years. UCF, USF, Uconn, Cincy, and BYU are locks to get taken. Student population, school size, market placement, and potential are too much for a P5 not to take a UCF/USF combo this time around. I don't think they would take one thought, they would take both or none at all. Texas supports five P5 teams, no reason Florida can't as well.

In my opinion the Big twelve will add UCF/USF, Cincinnati and BYU adds in some more eastern based schools for West Virginia and a natural split line.

West:

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Kansas

Kansas State

Texas Tech

BYU

East:

Texas

TCU

Baylor

USF

UCF

West Virginia

Cincinnati

Edited by PCBull14

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Hopefully for the last time, the B10 is not adding any schools unless they are AAU members. If and when USF gets invited to the AAU we will become a candidate for B10 expansion.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Hopefully for the last time, the B10 is not adding any schools unless they are AAU members. If and when USF gets invited to the AAU we will become a candidate for B10 expansion.

That is not as far fetched as it seems. The B1G would love a Florida school, and I doubt the Gators would ever leave the SEC. Is FSU is making a push for AAU status? If we can finally attain AAU status before expansion and FSU doesn't, then who knows what will happen. I am assuming coach T can get us to be better on the field than we have been.

Go Bulls!