Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

USF and UCF best shot is the BIG 12 in my opinion. Any ACC expansion that happened anytime soon I think they would go after Uconn and Cincy first since they wouldn't dip down in Florida for at least 10 years like I ssaid.

Works for me.  There is a lot more money in the Big 12.  If this is all about the money, let's stop pretending and make sure it is about the money.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I miss playing the hillbillies

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  53

Me too. It was always a good time. We had this whole hotdog environment thing going.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

USF and UCF best shot is the BIG 12 in my opinion. Any ACC expansion that happened anytime soon I think they would go after Uconn and Cincy first since they wouldn't dip down in Florida for at least 10 years like I ssaid.

Works for me.  There is a lot more money in the Big 12.  If this is all about the money, let's stop pretending and make sure it is about the money.

Exactly.

It needs to be NOT just about the money. It needs to be about graduating student athletes who are winners on AND off the field.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Me too. It was always a good time. We had this whole hotdog environment thing going.

Be careful what you wish for as it may not be long. 

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Exactly.

It needs to be NOT just about the money. It needs to be about graduating student athletes who are winners on AND off the field.

Wonderful thought, but most on here disagree with this sentiment.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,558
  • Days Won:  19

Exactly.

That is idealistic. Why dont we just drop college athletics all together... 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Exactly.

That is idealistic. Why dont we just drop college athletics all together...

Where's the fun in that? Unless you think book report bowl games are fun, then I won't argue with you.

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

They might but, it wont be for 10 years since they signed a Grant of Rights deal. Meaning FSU and Miami would have to give all their TV money to the ACC for 10 years. No conference is picking up any team with that stipulation and no team is going to leave with that stipulation either.

All depends on Maryland ...

Yes. And dont forget that the BIG TEN makes tons more. FSU wont say no to more money. And Miami would follow FSU out the door if they get invited. It is pretty much up to the BIG TEN if they want to get into the Florida market. They love the bowls down here, and there are tons of BIG TEN fans retired in Florida. Also, FSU's move to the BIG TEN would be more of a threat against UF. 

Not about FSU saying no to more money.  It;s about no conference or team is going to go to a conference when they would have to give up their TV money for 10 years.  

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Remember what I've been telling you for a while now:

...ESPN is now saying the "Big 12 needs Cincinnati and UCF".

When these teams are added to the Big 12 and this culminates, how will this effect usf athletics?

Who does the AAC backfill with? Marshall? S.Miss? FAU to maintain the Florida foot print?

If only letters could talk