Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Dude the guy said USF was a lock for the ACC. ....you think there is more? LOL.

I think it is all WE SHALL SEE right now. If FSU and Miami bolt the ACC for the BIG THEN then you could hear more. 

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

Dude the guy said USF was a lock for the ACC. ....you think there is more? LOL.

I think it is all WE SHALL SEE right now. If FSU and Miami bolt the ACC for the BIG THEN then you could hear more.

They might but, it wont be for 10 years since they signed a Grant of Rights deal. Meaning FSU and Miami would have to give all their TV money to the ACC for 10 years. No conference is picking up any team with that stipulation and no team is going to leave with that stipulation either.

• Upvote 1

Not to mention why would they want to leave? FSU proved they could win a title in the ACC. Plus now there is a playoff and there in a P5 conference so they will for sure be in the mix for that. Plus the ACC just paid out their TV money to each school which was 20.5 million dollars per team which is about on par with the SEC.

USF and UCF best shot is the BIG 12 in my opinion. Any ACC expansion that happened anytime soon I think they would go after Uconn and Cincy first since they wouldn't dip down in Florida for at least 10 years like I ssaid.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,730
  • Days Won:  53

EXTREMELY important points:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_25951643/ncaa-more-voices-call-congress-rein-college-athletics

Everyone should call/write to their local rep to support this.

Good read

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,730
  • Days Won:  53

Not to mention why would they want to leave? FSU proved they could win a title in the ACC. Plus now there is a playoff and there in a P5 conference so they will for sure be in the mix for that. Plus the ACC just paid out their TV money to each school which was 20.5 million dollars per team which is about on par with the SEC.

FSU has a good gig in the ACC. I don't get leaving for big 12. I wish we were in the ACC but I'll take any non-Tulane Temple conference.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

They might but, it wont be for 10 years since they signed a Grant of Rights deal. Meaning FSU and Miami would have to give all their TV money to the ACC for 10 years. No conference is picking up any team with that stipulation and no team is going to leave with that stipulation either.

All depends on Maryland ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

FSU has a good gig in the ACC. I don't get leaving for big 12. I wish we were in the ACC but I'll take any non-Tulane Temple conference.

They have both been good before, there's no reason they can't be good again.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

All depends on Maryland ...

Yes. And dont forget that the BIG TEN makes tons more. FSU wont say no to more money. And Miami would follow FSU out the door if they get invited. It is pretty much up to the BIG TEN if they want to get into the Florida market. They love the bowls down here, and there are tons of BIG TEN fans retired in Florida. Also, FSU's move to the BIG TEN would be more of a threat against UF.