Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If we are buying memberships I would much rather buy into the ACC

I have to disagree. Football is watered down in the ACC other than FSU and Clemson. Miami, VA Tech, and Boston College have died. Notre Dame might regress and Louisville may die as well. Not saying it cant get better. But if past performance is an indicator of future results I would say Big 12 gets my nod for overally quality football week in week out.  Somehow Duke UNC Wake Forest NC State Boston college are not big time sellers of tickets.   I don understand that proximity to games would be nice as I live in Winston Salem, NC.  Reverse that with  The Big 12 slate and pretty much every game is a quality slate which would garner fan interest.

So you're saying you'd rather be a doormat in a mid-west / south-west conference than a juggernaut in an east-coast / southern conference?

:facepalm:

This, I was thinking more along the lines of trips to Miami, FSU, GT, and Clemson are a whole lot more feasible than the big12 schools. This is where all the BIG TV money really screwed it up. Regional conferences were a lot better for the schools and the fans.

The problem is that no one cares about the schools or the fans. As much as I would love road trips and tradition it's all about the stupid tv footprint now.

Football pays the bills, but when ALL the sports have to travel ridiculous distances to play teams that are unnatural rivals, something is very very wrong

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  325
  • Days Won:  0

Take this for what it is worth:

Accord to these tweets, Big12 has ranked teams if they ever expand

MHver3 â€@MHver3  · 21m 
The first tier is for schools that are right there on the cusp. Budgets, facilities, fan support, should be able to compete

MHver3 â€@MHver3  · 20m 
The first tier were BYU Cincy UCF SDST and UH

MHver3 â€@MHver3  · 17m 
The next tier are schools who need to raise budgets, improve facilities, build their brand a bit: Memphis USF UNLV Fresno Colorado st

MHver3 â€@MHver3  · 16m 
And the final tier are all schools with "major" issues that conflict with what B12 is looking for: ECU,Boise,New Mexico,Tulane

Edited by BurghBull

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Got a good chuckle from that, thanks!

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

MHver3 â€@MHver3  · 21m 

The first tier is for schools that are right there on the cusp. Budgets, facilities, fan support, should be able to compete

MHver3 â€@MHver3  · 20m 

MHver3 â€@MHver3  · 17m 

The next tier are schools who need to raise budgets, improve facilities, build their brand a bit: Memphis USF UNLV Fresno Colorado st

MHver3 â€@MHver3  · 16m 

And the final tier are all schools with "major" issues that conflict with what B12 is looking for: ECU,Boise,New Mexico,Tulane

I really don't understand UH.  It's already the BigTexas conference.  I don't see how you get much in the way of TV dollars by adding yet another Texas school.  If the Big12 is going to expand, they desperately need to expand footprint to get more money.  "Expanding" to Houston doesn't help.  

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  9,790
  • Days Won:  8

MHver3 â€@MHver3 · 21m

MHver3 â€@MHver3 · 20m

MHver3 â€@MHver3 · 17m

MHver3 â€@MHver3 · 16m

I really don't understand UH. It's already the BigTexas conference. I don't see how you get much in the way of TV dollars by adding yet another Texas school. If the Big12 is going to expand, they desperately need to expand footprint to get more money. "Expanding" to Houston doesn't help.

They won't add UH before USF that is for sure.

They have Texas, Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech. UH brings little that they don't already have. Small relative fan base and no geographic media or recruiting expansion.

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  471

The big problem for USF or even a UCF, CINCY is the Big 12 doesn't want to expand and is campaigning to be able to have a conference championship game with 10 teams if they have to.

Edited by redbird2001

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Wow, can't even begin to bite on this one

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Where's J Truexedo Yoda?  Wonder what he thinks?

• Topic Count:  2,697
  • Content Count:  6,929

Where's J Truexedo Yoda?  Wonder what he thinks?

Comedic value?

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

@TuxedoYoda 47m

Sources tell me B12 officials meeting with Alaska-Fairbanks. Huge footprint. Opens the door to Russia.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1