Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Maybe we can buy a membership into the Big 12 on Groupon.

Don't know about you, but I think that was the point Skingraft was trying to make last page ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acI12jO0HSQ

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,828
  • Days Won:  0

If we are buying memberships I would much rather buy into the ACC

I have to disagree. Football is watered down in the ACC other than FSU and Clemson. Miami, VA Tech, and Boston College have died. Notre Dame might regress and Louisville may die as well. Not saying it cant get better. But if past performance is an indicator of future results I would say Big 12 gets my nod for overally quality football week in week out.  Somehow Duke UNC Wake Forest NC State Boston college are not big time sellers of tickets.   I don understand that proximity to games would be nice as I live in Winston Salem, NC.  Reverse that with  The Big 12 slate and pretty much every game is a quality slate which would garner fan interest.

Edited by Bullrush33

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I have to disagree. Football is watered down in the ACC other than FSU and Clemson. Miami, VA Tech, and Boston College have died. Notre Dame might regress and Louisville may die as well. Not saying it cant get better. But if past performance is an indicator of future results I would say Big 12 gets my nod for overally quality football week in week out.  Somehow Duke UNC Wake Forest NC State Boston college are not big time sellers of tickets.   I don understand that proximity to games would be nice as I live in Winston Salem, NC.  Reverse that with  The Big 12 slate and pretty much every game is a quality slate which would garner fan interest.

With our performance in football the last few seasons, beggars can't be choosy--even in hypothetical, dream-like scenarios. :D

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

So you're saying you'd rather be a doormat in a mid-west / south-west conference than a juggernaut in an east-coast / southern conference?

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  9,790
  • Days Won:  8

In my opinion this article is making something out of nothing but i felt it was relavent to this thread.

SEC-ACC scheduling alignment:

The ACC and SEC have created a de facto partnership as the lone power conferences to maintain an eight-game scheduling model entering the College Football Playoff.

Naturally, these two will play each other in nonconference action, and the momentum is already shifting that way.

An SEC source said about four or five teams from each league are discussing potential home-and-home matchups for some time in the next 6-7 years. These would be new matchups aside from the permanent end-of-year rivalries such as Florida-Florida State, Georgia-Georgia Tech, Clemson-South Carolina and Louisville-Kentucky. Neutral-site-heavy teams (think LSU/Alabama from the SEC and North Carolina/Virginia Tech from the ACC) are likely out of that mix, too, according to the source.

That would still leave dozens of potential combinations to digest.

SEC: Auburn, Texas A&M, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, Vanderbilt.

ACC: Miami, North Carolina State, Virginia, Wake Forest, Duke, Pittsburgh, Boston College, Syracuse.

There's buzz about Miami and Florida playing in Orlando, and even if that doesn't happen (I'm skeptical), Florida could be in the market for another game away from the Swamp.

Vanderbilt no longer has the Wake Forest series but has talked to a few ACC private schools about a series.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/writer/jeremy-fowler/24569881/informal-acc-sec-scheduling-pact-taking-shape

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

So you're saying you'd rather be a doormat in a mid-west / south-west conference than a juggernaut in an east-coast / southern conference?

This, I was thinking more along the lines of trips to Miami, FSU, GT, and Clemson are a whole lot more feasible than the big12 schools. This is where all the BIG TV money really screwed it up. Regional conferences were a lot better for the schools and the fans. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Don't know why people automatically assume we'd be a doormat in a P5 conference.

Hell, Syracuse had a guy commit to them who said he looked forward to a chance to play for a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

SYRACUSE!

We could probably recruit pretty well with the power of the p5 behind us.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Twitter peeps like Mhvr3, Tuxedo Yoda, and Dude of WV must love smoking dope and then tweeting their realignment rumors. It is comical at times. 

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,729
  • Days Won:  53

This, I was thinking more along the lines of trips to Miami, FSU, GT, and Clemson are a whole lot more feasible than the big12 schools. This is where all the BIG TV money really screwed it up. Regional conferences were a lot better for the schools and the fans.

The problem is that no one cares about the schools or the fans. As much as I would love road trips and tradition it's all about the stupid tv footprint now.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Twitter peeps like Mhvr3, Tuxedo Yoda, and Dude of WV must love smoking dope and then tweeting their realignment rumors. It is comical at times. 

What's even more comical are those that believe their posts 100%.