Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

1. Jeremy Fowler â€@JFowlerCBS  In other words, American/C-USA/MAC/MWC/SB don't want to be lumped in with other 22 conferences on major issues.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

1. Jeremy Fowler â€@JFowlerCBS  In other words, American/C-USA/MAC/MWC/SB don't want to be lumped in with other 22 conferences on major issues.

I admire the sense of honor that these conferences have...

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Meh; we have all seen this coming....  Seems to be on a fast track

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Gotta be on the fast track for that playoff this year ...

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,764
  • Days Won:  53

I really think they are making a mistake by walling off the money on a select few schools. I am scaling back my college football interest each year because our conference isn't in the conversation. They are basically giving a middle finger to paying customers. I know that no one cares about me as a customer, but you know yada yada maybe there's a backlash eventually?

If we don't make it to the supper table, I hope we can get our own league that I can follow and ignore the power labor union cash league.

Just some random thoughts... Football used to be king for me and now I seem to enjoy it less and less each year. Hockey of all things is catching up.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  577
  • Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

the amount of college football that i would watch would REALLY take a hit.

AAC + MWC should be in that conversation.

I dont see how this benefits TV either. It will devalue a lot of product for ABC/FOX/CBS/NBC

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I really think they are making a mistake by walling off the money on a select few schools. I am scaling back my college football interest each year because our conference isn't in the conversation. They are basically giving a middle finger to paying customers. I know that no one cares about me as a customer, but you know yada yada maybe there's a backlash eventually?

If we don't make it to the supper table, I hope we can get our own league that I can follow and ignore the power labor union cash league.

Just some random thoughts... Football used to be king for me and now I seem to enjoy it less and less each year. Hockey of all things is catching up.

I am finding myself in the same boat this year. Was just thinking today about the amount of money I spend on season tickets and tailgating and if I would enjoy seeing quite a few more lightning games next year. I don't really think I will give up on football or USF, but I may scale back and focus on other entertainment. 

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

While the media is pressing the idea that its the Big 5 pushing away, its actually the smaller conferences saying they want nothing to do with stipends, medical, etc.

I believe the rule will eventually allow a conference to opt in and out.

Whether the AAC chooses to opt in will be seen.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I am finding myself in the same boat this year. Was just thinking today about the amount of money I spend on season tickets and tailgating and if I would enjoy seeing quite a few more lightning games next year. I don't really think I will give up on football or USF, but I may scale back and focus on other entertainment.

Come on. You and I both know that it has more to do with three straight crap seasons than the conference issues. If USF was winning 9 games this statement would never be made.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

While the media is pressing the idea that its the Big 5 pushing away, its actually the smaller conferences saying they want nothing to do with stipends, medical, etc.

I believe the rule will eventually allow a conference to opt in and out.

Whether the AAC chooses to opt in will be seen.

i thought the AAC already came out and said they would when this was mentioned before