• Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Perception is reality boys and girls. 

I don't perceive it that way.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No one considers Southern Cal a "directional school". It's a pretty selective private school with an established sports tradition.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

No one considers Southern Cal a "directional school". It's a pretty selective private school with an established sports tradition.

ding, we have a winner.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It's just stupid to use the fact that a school has a direction in its name against them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It's just stupid to use the fact that a school has a direction in its name against them.

I don't think anyone that actually knows anything about college athletics does.  It's more of a fact that most "directional schools" don't have a lot of tradition and clout, USC being the exception.

I don't think anyone looks at USF or UCF and flatly think less of them compared to UF, FSU, or Miami because of the South or Central in our name.  I'd say it's based on knowing that there's more tradition and clout associated with the big 3.

The directional school thing is purely a philosophical argument.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Bottom line: USF's first president screwed us all.

No, I'd say it was Judy and DW for firing Leavitt and replacing him with a card board cut out of Lou Holtz with a golfing addiction.

If we could have maintained a ranking and had numerous legitimate sell outs, the TV ratings would be better and we'd have had a legitimate case with the B12.  If we had proved we belonged with strength in athletics, attendance, and ratings we'd be safe.  Unfortunately we're back to where we are pre-big east selling the dream alongside UCF.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119

No, I'd say it was Judy and DW for firing Leavitt and replacing him with a card board cut out of Lou Holtz with a golfing addiction.

If we could have maintained a ranking and had numerous legitimate sell outs, the TV ratings would be better and we'd have had a legitimate case with the B12.  If we had proved we belonged with strength in athletics, attendance, and ratings we'd be safe.  Unfortunately we're back to where we are pre-big east selling the dream alongside UCF.

This and the fact that we lost Mr. Selmon.  He was very helpful in opening doors for this program and creating opportunities.  I miss him.

This and the fact that we lost Mr. Selmon.  He was very helpful in opening doors for this program and creating opportunities.  I miss him.

That's probably a giant step back for USF from our position prior to the Big East.  With his connections to Oklahoma and ability to sell the dream of USF and Tampa Bay, it's a gigantic loss for the program.  Judy needs to work miracles if something is going to happen at this point.

Edited by Bull Martin

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,487

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/9971974/gamble-ad-tom-jurich-saves-4-million-louisville-cardinals

Judy knew Louisville was leaving 2 years ago. We are slowly learning what has gone on behind the scenes. The article says Judy tried to convince them to stay but doesn't mention anything about Judy being proactive and trying to find a solution for her university. Why were we fighting two years ago for the survival of a league that she KNEW wouldn't survive? I am shocked.