Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

USF, Cincy, and UCONN still need to collect all that money from exit and entrance fees before all this conference realignment happens again. Let's hope nothing happens for another 5 years or so. By that time, we will escape with all the MONEY!!!!!

If we can leave for the Big 12 tomorrow, they can keep the money.
Exactly. We'd be in a lot more money if we left and took a half payout for 5 years from big12

Lets be honest there. I dont think anything will happen anytime soon. I would think the earliest that moves will be heard are after 2016 as we get closer to GOR and new TV negotiations. Also, it will take a few years of the BIG 12 getting shut out of the playoff for not have a CCG before they react. If you have learned anything from the BIG 12 is that they have made moves by being reactive not proactive. They brought in TCU after Texas A&M let to get to 10. They are so much of Texas' ***** that they cant be proactive towards bringing in new members. They love to splite their money 10 ways instead of 12. They will say they love their round robin format to appease everyone but in reality is that they want more money. If a network advised them they they will get more per team if they added 2 more then they might consider it. Untill all that happens, we all better enjoy the AAC and collect the exit and entrance fees.

You speak the truth

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

USF, Cincy, and UCONN still need to collect all that money from exit and entrance fees before all this conference realignment happens again. Let's hope nothing happens for another 5 years or so. By that time, we will escape with all the MONEY!!!!!

Exactly. We'd be in a lot more money if we left and took a half payout for 5 years from big12

Lets be honest there. I dont think anything will happen anytime soon. I would think the earliest that moves will be heard are after 2016 as we get closer to GOR and new TV negotiations. Also, it will take a few years of the BIG 12 getting shut out of the playoff for not have a CCG before they react. If you have learned anything from the BIG 12 is that they have made moves by being reactive not proactive. They brought in TCU after Texas A&M let to get to 10. They are so much of Texas' ***** that they cant be proactive towards bringing in new members. They love to splite their money 10 ways instead of 12. They will say they love their round robin format to appease everyone but in reality is that they want more money. If a network advised them they they will get more per team if they added 2 more then they might consider it. Untill all that happens, we all better enjoy the AAC and collect the exit and entrance fees.

You speak the truth

I disagree.  If they really get cut out of the playoff system, they will get cut out of playoff money.  They aren't going to wait several years to remedy that situation.  Money talks.

Even if it isn't a money issue, I really can't see Texas or Oklahoma knowing they have no chance at the national title game and being ok with that.  That costs them attention and money as well.

They will add teams in a hurry to avoid missing out on the playoffs.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

You speak the truth

I disagree.  If they really get cut out of the playoff system, they will get cut out of playoff money.  They aren't going to wait several years to remedy that situation.  Money talks.

Even if it isn't a money issue, I really can't see Texas or Oklahoma knowing they have no chance at the national title game and being ok with that.  That costs them attention and money as well.

An undefeated Texas or Oklahoma will never be left out of the playoffs.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You speak the truth

Very true.

Would be interesting if a team like Baylor could run the table in a playoff year and get left out.

You speak the truth

I think you are missing the point.  The other four conferences are miffed that the Big 12 is not exposing their "champion" to the risk of losing in a CCG the way the other P4 conferences are.  Thus, the other four conferences, comprising a majority vote, will force CCG to be a major component in deciding who gets into the playoffs.

The other four major conferences WANT an undefeated B12 to miss out on the playoffs unless they have a CCG.  The whole idea is to force the B12 to have a CCG, and the only way to do that is to force them to add more teams.  Texas and Oklahoma do NOT have more power than all of the SEC schools + all of the B1G schools + all of the P12 schools put together.  

Texas and Oklahoma do not have the clout to get their way on this issue.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

You speak the truth

I think you are missing the point.  The other four conferences are miffed that the Big 12 is not exposing their "champion" to the risk of losing in a CCG the way the other P4 conferences are.  Thus, the other four conferences, comprising a majority vote, will force CCG to be a major component in deciding who gets into the playoffs.

The other four major conferences WANT an undefeated B12 to miss out on the playoffs unless they have a CCG.  The whole idea is to force the B12 to have a CCG, and the only way to do that is to force them to add more teams.  Texas and Oklahoma do NOT have more power than all of the SEC schools + all of the B1G schools + all of the P12 schools put together.  

Texas and Oklahoma do not have the clout to get their way on this issue.

You basically typed exactly what I was going to.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The other conference can be miffed all they want by the Big 12.

The Big 12 teams play every team within their league and there should be some credit given to that.

The Big 12 teams play every team within their league and there should be some credit given to that.

This isn't about "should be".  This is about reality, and it is a risk for the best team in your conference to play an additional game against a quality opponent.  The other four conferences are taking that risk, they will ensure that the B12 does as well.  Why would they want the Big 12 to have an easier path to the playoffs?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

This isn't about "should be". This is about reality, and it is a risk for the best team in your conference to play an additional game against a quality opponent. The other four conferences are taking that risk, they will ensure that the B12 does as well. Why would they want the Big 12 to have an easier path to the playoffs?

Not just that. But to use an example. Say FSU and Oregon go thru undefeated. Alabama is undefeated and loses to a 1 loss SEC opponent that was #5 prior to the win behind #4 Baylor. You think idle Baylor still goes over the 2 one loss SEC teams?

I'm not so sure.

• Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

BM has always been hardcore anti USF Jim Leavitt...

I've found him less so since Leavitt left. And some of what he says...is fact. If you take off the green and gold goggles, as much as some of it sucks, it the realm of college sports, its true. USF isn't a major player.