Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Mack Brown has done so little with what he has at Texas.  They consistently have the best of facilities, support money, and recruits, but they have been pretty mediocre or even less over the last 5 years or so.  

I don't like Saban, but the man can coach and if he did go to Texas that would be very interesting.

I hope we end up somewhere where we will have the opportunity to win a national championship.  I am hoping that coach Willie T will bring it to us.

Go Bulls!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  490

The rumors are coming because of Texas hiring Arizona St AD who was in the PAC 12. Not sure why as he was only at ASU for like a year.

As I recall, he was their McGillis.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Now rumors about saban to UT.

Agent said thats the only school he would leave bama for.

That would certainly be a splash hire

Don't believe that for a second. Would be stupid to leave Alabama with their current success and at his age.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Don't believe that for a second. Would be stupid to leave Alabama with their current success and at his age.

Never underestimate the ego of someone like Saban ...

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Never underestimate the ego of someone like Saban ...

Everyone wants to be loved.  The second Bama loses two games in a season, there will be all sorts of grumbling.  He can go to Texas and win ten games and be a hero.  The guy doesn't need more money, and he doesn't need more championships to be a Hall of Fame coach.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

As a UT fan, bring on Saban! I have been calling that for awhile though.

I have heard talk of schools from the big 12 heading all over the place. Ohio State wants them in the B1G to give them more relevance at national championships, Pac 12 wants them for the same thing. Both want their tv markets. I think that the Big 12 is too good to break up. They need to just add a few more teams.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Let me interject some rationality into this 260-page ebook.

1) Greed drove a wedge into college football and the best conferences & their money friends decided to keep more of the money pie for themselves by excluding the less-than shiny (long live the Brown Coats!) teams and their conferences.

2) Result: less conferences and less teams with direct access to the money pie. They couldn't care less about the teams and conferences that got left out in the process. However, in their greed, they also caused problems for themselves:

a) Their conferences are not equal in number and strength.

b ) They have to pretend to draw up rules and guidelines for divvying up the money pie via the National Championship process.

c) There is no real governance whatsoever -just on the surface and money issues.

What will happen? Those conferences will have to add more teams from outside. Period. How many more? Who knows. But as it is, this system will not work.

USF is in good shape. We are in the next-in line group. We just need to win and get our football program ready within the next few years.

Edited by Beta4East1989
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Let me interject some rationality into this 260-page ebook.

1) Greed drove a wedge into college football and the best conferences & their money friends decided to keep more of the money pie for themselves by excluding the less-than shiny (long live the Brown Coats!) teams and their conferences.

2) Result: less conferences and less teams with direct access to the money pie. They couldn't care less about the teams and conferences that got left out in the process. However, in their greed, they also caused problems for themselves:

a) Their conferences are not equal in number and strength.

b ) They have to pretend to draw up rules and guidelines for divvying up the money pie via the National Championship process.

c) There is no real governance whatsoever -just on the surface and money issues.

What will happen? Those conferences will have to add more teams from outside. Period. How many more? Who knows. But as it is, this system will not work.

USF is in good shape. We are in the next-in line group. We just need to win and get our football program ready within the next few years.

Well said!!! I believe these conferences will get too big and will eventually split up again after all the TV money runs out. ESPN and other networks have been over paying and it will show. Changes will be coming in the decades to come. USF just needs to focus on improving themselves and let it fall into place. I am so proud that we didnt go whoring ourselves out in public like UConn, Memphis, and Cincy has done. Judy, Doug, and CWT will do things at USF in a 1st class manner. When CWT keeps saying that he really means it, He wont be like Miami or UCF who has been busted for cheating by the NCAA. We dont do that here at USF. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Saban isn't going to Texas, I don't care what report the AP is citing. The guy is on track to win his 4th ring at Bama, it's all an angle for a bigger contract

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Any realignment is good news for us. The more the pieces move, the better our chances at landing somewhere better.