Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

I have said this a couple of times and I will say it again.

Some may agree and others will not. However, like it or not, USF and UCF need each other here. Neither program can do it alone. And with any possible pending expansion, they will have to market themselves together.

What these big $$$$ donors need to do here is bust down Genshaft's and Hitt's door to their office and demand action. Bring in the B12 officials with FOX officials (those that would make the decisions, and in particular, those in Austin), fly them into Tampa on a private jet, give them the tour of facilities and what is planned in the near future (fingers crossed for OCS), dinner at Berns. The next day rent a limo, travel to Orlando. Same routine at UCF with dinner at somewhere like the Oceanaire Seafood Room, then out on a private jet from Orlando Executive.

With the tours and dinners, sell each other together. As a package and use the rankings in national TV markets combined.

If done properly, a P5 invite to the B12 I believe would happen for both as a combo. However, Genshaft and Hitt need to put aside their BS disagreements they may have between one an other and the fans will need to suck it up until the deal is done. Together the 2 programs need to sell each other. And it has to be shown that there is money to be made from all parties: B12, FOX, and the 10 established B12 Programs.

The rumors of expansion are just that rumors. I believe the B12 will have to do something though. I highly doubt the playoff committee will allow the B12 to be able to get into the play off without a CCG. And in order to have the CCG they will need to go to 12 or 14 teams. Not the present 10. The final determination of the playoff criteria will dictate what the B12 actually does. But for now, USF and UCF donors and alumni need to pushing Genshaft and Hitt to jointly go out there and get this done. They should not allow BYU and Cincy to get ahead of them.

This is game of musical chairs and they need to push everyone else out of the way to ensure they get a chair.

Contingencies, Decisions, and Preferences have already been decided. It's not like a flight to Tampa is going to sway anything. It's all about the dollars.

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  9,802
  • Days Won:  8

Any expansion is already decided. Big12 I'm certain already has action plans for various scenarios, rearding the playoff, markets, and expansion plays by other conferences, and I bet schools not named Texas or OU have already made action plans if those two exit. This stuff was planned months ago, it's just a waiting game now to see which action plan is executed. The plan could also be remain at 10 until the last possible moment.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Before you dismiss it, there was a story 2 years ago about a recruit of Temple being told Temple was joining the Big East. Shortly after, it came true. 

http://templefootballforever.blogspot.com/2011/06/temple-to-be-where-theres-smoke-theres.html

meanwhile, Doug has already hung Tulane and ecu banners in the sundome.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Before you dismiss it, there was a story 2 years ago about a recruit of Temple being told Temple was joining the Big East. Shortly after, it came true. 

http://templefootballforever.blogspot.com/2011/06/temple-to-be-where-theres-smoke-theres.html

All part of the plan!!!! With Genshaft in the AAC front office. They are smart business peeps. Much respect to both Judy and Doug. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

All part of the plan!!!! With Genshaft in the AAC front office. They are smart business peeps. Much respect to both Judy and Doug. 

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722

Not sure if this was posted before but I agree 100%......

@MHVer3 | Oct. 31, 2013 | Morgantown, WV

Happy Halloween Everyone. Just wanted to give you all a quick rundown of the main 4 reasons that the Big12 will expand in the not-too-distant future.

1. Footprint. While the Big12 is currently in 2nd or 3rd-depending on if you are counting their Tier3 television moneyarrow-10x10.png-in the pecking order of big money conferences they also have the smallest footprint of the top 8 earning conferences. Adding states like Florida and Ohio instantly propel them up the list and grows their market presence tremendously. Not to mention the issue with WVU being on that island…
  2. Fox needs more Big12 inventory. With the proliferation of sports-dedicated tv networks (including FoxSports1) and only so much content available, Fox is in desperate need of games they can put the B12 name on. The brand will elevate the teams. The ratings will increase accordingly(as history has shown). Fox also will pay a pro-rata increase to add 2 teams. Espn will as well. Neither network is interested in re-opening their contracts with the B12 so those provisions were put in.
  3. The Big12 needs more votes. With the upcoming Play-offs, the Big12 is at a disadvantage in polls. They have the smallest footprint and the fewest members. This gives them a disadvantage in the criteria(polls) that will be used to determine the 4 teams in the play-off.
  4. The Championship Game is needed. Contrary to what you may have heard, the Championship Game is going to play a role in play-off selection. At the very least another conference’s championship game winner could leap-frog an idle Big12 school(or one playing a bad opponent to end the season). And there is big moneyarrow-10x10.png to be shared in the creation of said game as well. I’ve heard rumors that the B12 championship game could net anywhere from $30-$40 million per year in today’s market.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722

Too much money riding on not making the playoff starting next year....Big 12 needs to add 2 more pronto

#SEC, #Pac12, #ACC, #B1G champs at 12-1 would pass 11-1 #Big12 champs and some might pass 12-0 without CCG. Do the math.

To clarify, #Big12 told they'll be at disadvantage to playoff panel without CCG, and have lost appeal to have CCG with currwnt 10 teams.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

Still think  at the end of the day we'll come out alright somewhere (B12/ACC/D4 whatever).  We're too big an institution with too big a TV footprint to not be a part of the big show.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,830
  • Days Won:  0

Really that assessment is partial crap? Cincinnati - Football Brand Value geater than USF or UCF?  They are the Miami Marlins of College Football. They win and they still no onw shows up and they dont win big games.

Didn't specify football brand value. If you think USF/UCF have a better name recognition in college sports than Cincinnati you need to try some other media outlets besides TBP ... Hell, tv announcers still can't get USF/UCF straight.

Football Brand Value (30 points) – As it was with the Big Ten, this is the most heavily weighted category as a reflection of the reality of the college sports landscape. The revenue generated from football is so massive in comparison to the other sports (including basketball) that it is the ultimate driver for expansion in every conference (including more historically basketball-focused ones such as the ACC).

It must be emphasized that Football Brand Value puts much more weight on the long-term history and financial underpinnings of a program over short-term or recent success. Thus, Team A that has sold out stadiums for years whether it wins or loses is much more valuable than Team B that only sells out a 40,000-seat stadium when it’s in the national championship race, even if Team A has had a mediocre seasons recently and Team B happens to rank in the top 25 of the BCS rankings this year. A lengthy tradition of playing football at the top level also carries more cache compared to being a noveau riche program. The “What have you done for me lately?†attitude of most sports fans doesn’t apply here. Instead, the proper question is the opposite: Even if the target school goes 0-12 in a season, will it still attract TV viewers and attendance? In other words, the true value of a football program is really measured by how much attention it still receives when it’s down as opposed to how much attention it gets when it’s up. Granted, it is much more difficult to find schools under this standard at the Group of Five level compared to at the power conferences, which is a large reason why those Group of Five schools aren’t in power conferences in the first place as of now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,166
  • Days Won:  109

Really that assessment is partial crap? Cincinnati - Football Brand Value geater than USF or UCF?  They are the Miami Marlins of College Football. They win and they still no onw shows up and they dont win big games.

Didn't specify football brand value. If you think USF/UCF have a better name recognition in college sports than Cincinnati you need to try some other media outlets besides TBP ... Hell, tv announcers still can't get USF/UCF straight.

That's only because no other school rhymes with Cincinnati.