Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Outside of just wanting to get into Florida, Cincy/UConn make more sense to the Big 12 than the U_F's ...

Cincy to "some" degree but UCONN? They are way out of the footprint of Big 12 Culture. But who the hell knows, I guess anything is plausible now.

Are any of the 4 being tossed around here close to the B12 footprint?

USF/UCF are closer the footprint than anyone else being mentioned.

What is the B12 footprint then?

The states of Texas and Oklahoma

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

And we're just across the Gulf from Texas.  :D

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

These rumors would'nt shock me at all.  The USF/UCF combo is by far the best thing that a power 5 conference could get right now from the smaller conferences, and with UCF playing at a high level and USF quickly rebuilding the right way under Taggart a move to the Big XII is a no brainer, for them and us.  Ray Jay would sell out every time either Texas or Oklahoma came in, not to mention would be stuffed when we play UCF,West Virginia. Baylor and most of the other Big XII teams.   I also could see Cincy being added, but UConn has no chance. Their recruiting is awful right now and they are getting even worse then they already are.  I feel bad for their fans but UConn's days of relevence in football are over.

Yeah, but it's not totally necessary for them. Explain to me why, given the current situation they wouldn't just take Cincy and UCF? Cincy has consistently been one of the best teams in the AAC/Big East and is doing it again this year-not to mention if they become an elite Big 12 program, that hurts Ohio State and broadens the Big 12's reach into B1G territory. UCF has taken their opportunity and is holding it pretty hard. If we go into Orlando and beat them or play them close, I could see us making the combo argument, but USF still has a way to go to be a truly elite football program. Even with a great recruiting class coming in next year, we will have trouble in the Big 12. 

Look at WVU-they went from an elite program in the Big East to an average program in the big 12. We'd take at least 2-3 years to be successful in the Big 12. 

This isn't a decision about a team's current record.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  9,802
  • Days Won:  8

Expansion into FL is obvious best move for the Big12. Texas and OU will need to recruit FL to combat the increasing SEC recruitment of Texas since TAMU is now in the SEC. They will be able to take kids from FL without much trouble.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

Expansion into FL is obvious best move for the Big12. Texas and OU will need to recruit FL to combat the increasing SEC recruitment of Texas since TAMU is now in the SEC. They will be able to take kids from FL without much trouble.

This is one of the two reason's why taking UCF AND USF would be huge. If you get one, sure you get a little florida exposure, but if you have both then the I-4 strip becomes Big XII country.  Not to mention that there are alot fo transplant fans here that I am sure would jump on going to Texas v. USF or Oklahoma v. UCF games in a heartbeat. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If Texas and Oklahoma wanted to they could work it out where they have a game in FL every year. That would be big for recruiting for them.

• Topic Count:  2,697
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  0

I have said this a couple of times and I will say it again.

Some may agree and others will not.  However, like it or not, USF and UCF need each other here.  Neither program can do it alone.  And with any possible pending expansion, they will have to market themselves together.

What these big $$$$ donors need to do here is bust down Genshaft's and Hitt's door to their office and demand action.  Bring in the B12 officials with FOX officials (those that would make the decisions, and in particular, those in Austin), fly them into Tampa on a private jet, give them the tour of facilities and what is planned in the near future (fingers crossed for OCS), dinner at Berns.  The next day rent a limo, travel to Orlando.  Same routine at UCF with dinner at somewhere like the Oceanaire Seafood Room, then out on a private jet from Orlando Executive.

With the tours and dinners, sell each other together.  As a package and use the rankings in national TV markets combined.

If done properly, a P5 invite to the B12 I believe would happen for both as a combo.  However, Genshaft and Hitt need to put aside their BS disagreements they may have between one an other and the fans will need to suck it up until the deal is done.  Together the 2 programs need to sell each other.  And it has to be shown that there is money to be made from all parties:  B12, FOX, and the 10 established B12 Programs.

The rumors of expansion are just that rumors.  I believe the B12 will have to do something though.  I highly doubt the playoff committee will allow the B12 to be able to get into the play off without a CCG.  And in order to have the CCG they will need to go to 12 or 14 teams.  Not the present 10.  The final determination of the playoff criteria will dictate what the B12 actually does.  But for now, USF and UCF donors and alumni need to pushing Genshaft and Hitt to jointly go out there and get this done.  They should not allow BYU and Cincy to get ahead of them. 

This is game of musical chairs and they need to push everyone else out of the way to ensure they get a chair.

Have the Limo stop at Mons Venus on the way to Orlando and have a "party", take a few pictures and whamo.......... We are in the Big 12......

If Texas and Oklahoma wanted to they could work it out where they have a game in FL every year. That would be big for recruiting for them.

Stated that in one of my prior posts.

Multiple programs benefit from it.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

All of the programs would but lets not pretend that those two aren't the decision makers. What everyone else wants is pretty much irrelevant. Hence why Mizzou and A&M are in the SEC

All of the programs would but lets not pretend that those two aren't the decision makers. What everyone else wants is pretty much irrelevant. Hence why Mizzou and A&M are in the SEC

Very true