Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

My ideal scenario would be Texas, Texas Tech, OK and OK St. jumping to the Pac 12 and the Big 12 leftovers adding some of the AAC teams:

Baylor

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas St.

TCU

Houston

SMU

USF

UCF

Temple

Cincy

UConn

Memphis

WVU

This conference would give us a chance to grow as a university since there aren't any blue chip teams and we'd be able to contend. A man can dream...

Trim Temple and SMU out and I could live with it.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

And add BYU and Boise ^

Still wouldn't be as good as a true B12 invite

but for now...we are stuck in the AAC.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

My ideal scenario would be Texas, Texas Tech, OK and OK St. jumping to the Pac 12 and the Big 12 leftovers adding some of the AAC teams:

Baylor

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas St.

TCU

Houston

SMU

USF

UCF

Temple

Cincy

UConn

Memphis

WVU

This conference would give us a chance to grow as a university since there aren't any blue chip teams and we'd be able to contend. A man can dream...

BORING.

We need to play top caliber teams to be top caliber.

no actually you need to play lesser caliber teams to be considered top caliber.

not every team can be at the top of a conference. it's impossible.

Vandy, Kentucky, Iowa State, Northwestern, Indiana, Duke, Bayor, Purdue, Minnesota, etc all play top caliber teams. not one of them would be considered top caliber.

we would be third tier at best in big 12. we would fight with baylor, iowa state, and kansas for the bottom of the conference a majority of the time.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

I still believe in my heart of hearts we are not headed to the B12. The best case (and most likely) scenario is us being in the AAC / MWC merger of best available and the new amalgam being drafted into the D4, or whatever in the hell it will be.

Dude, how can you say that's the "best case scenario"? AAC/MWC will still be the Big East of BCS. A total laughing joke. Best case is for us in a legit conf.

Because I really don't think we are going to the B12.  Because honestly, I'd rather play the best of what the MWC has than several of the teams in the American as it is currently comprised.

I don't know if you were dropped on your head when you were a baby or something else happened to you, but if you would rather be in the AAC/MWC leftover scrub conf than the B12 you have major mental problems. Just sayin

You must have a reading comprehension problem ... BB's saying he doesn't think we're going to the B12 so he's giving his best case scenario in light of that ... at least that's what it looks like he's saying in those posts.

Maybe you have a comprehension problem. He said "I'd rather play the best of what the MWC /AAC...." Get it?

He'd rather play in the best of those two conferences than just the AAC IF we're not going to the Big 12 is what I think he's saying in those posts... 

He doesn't think we will end up in the Big12 so HE WOULD RATHER US BE IN THE LEFTOVER CONF OF THE MWC/AAC. Is it just me? Help me out here people.

You do understand that that statement doesn't say he prefers the leftover conference to the Big 12, right? .... No, I guess you don't. I'm not sure what Balto has said previously but in these posts you're having trouble with it appears that he's saying we're not going to the Big 12 so his best case scenario is a MWC/AAC combo rather than just the AAC we're going to be in.

I believe I know Balto's stance better than anyone on here because I always tell him he's the ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THAT WAY ON THIS BOARD.

When there were talks of a split between P5 and the rest of FBS, Balto prefers us to be in the rest of FBS because he does not think we can afford to play with the P5.

If given the chance between the B12 and the AAC/MWC, Balto prefers us to be in the AAC/MWC.

That was why I specifically pointed out that my view was based on his most recent posts in this thread ...  ;)

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

The best fit for us is with the ACC--but that requires a Florida team to leave. Less travel and somewhat more similar universities. And probably more chance to win, too.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

The best fit for us is with the ACC--but that requires a Florida team to leave. Less travel and somewhat more similar universities. And probably more chance to win, too.

Ive seen a lot say this, but for us to get in likely means FSU + at minimum one team leaving (Clemson/Miami/Va Tech) if not more.  Would a FSU & Clemson-less ACC be a better fit than the Big 12?   

Id love to have a Ga Tech roadie one day, but as far as a conference, I'd much rather take a Big 12 with Texas & Oklahoma as possible marquee games then a decimated ACC with Va Tech or a struggling Miami as our marquee games.  To me Texas/Oklahoma/WVU/Okie State/Kansas St >>>>>> Va Tech/Miami/Louisville/UNC/Ga Tech.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

Ive seen a lot say this, but for us to get in likely means FSU + at minimum one team leaving (Clemson/Miami/Va Tech) if not more.  Would a FSU & Clemson-less ACC be a better fit than the Big 12?   

Id love to have a Ga Tech roadie one day, but as far as a conference, I'd much rather take a Big 12 with Texas & Oklahoma as possible marquee games then a decimated ACC with Va Tech or a struggling Miami as our marquee games.  To me Texas/Oklahoma/WVU/Okie State/Kansas St >>>>>> Va Tech/Miami/Louisville/UNC/Ga Tech.

Agree 100% with you on the football side, but hoops on the other hand... ACC all day

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Why should we leave our conference to join a decimated conference?? We are already in one.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

Why should we leave our conference to join a decimated conference?? We are already in one.

money

• Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

The problem is, if the B12 were to come calling, you can't turn them down... you would have to make that decision before you would have any way of knowing if the "best of the rest" conference would: 1) exist; and 2) be included with the "power" conferences for playoff consideration.  If you say no, and B12 were to poach, say, UCF and Cincy, with UConn leaving to the ACC, the "best of the rest" conference would likely never happen and we would be up **** creek without a paddle.

it's all about money. the ones making the decision would not say no. it's already been proven that presidents and ADs care more about the money than the fans.

Its destroyed college football. Imagine if the NCAA put a $500k salary cap on head coaches and went from there...