• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

UT and OU to the B1G seems to be making the rumor rounds this morning

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

I still believe in my heart of hearts we are not headed to the B12. The best case (and most likely) scenario is us being in the AAC / MWC merger of best available and the new amalgam being drafted into the D4, or whatever in the hell it will be.

Dude, how can you say that's the "best case scenario"? AAC/MWC will still be the Big East of BCS. A total laughing joke. Best case is for us in a legit conf.

Because I really don't think we are going to the B12.  Because honestly, I'd rather play the best of what the MWC has than several of the teams in the American as it is currently comprised.

I don't know if you were dropped on your head when you were a baby or something else happened to you, but if you would rather be in the AAC/MWC leftover scrub conf than the B12 you have major mental problems. Just sayin

You must have a reading comprehension problem ... BB's saying he doesn't think we're going to the B12 so he's giving his best case scenario in light of that ... at least that's what it looks like he's saying in those posts.

Maybe you have a comprehension problem. He said "I'd rather play the best of what the MWC /AAC...." Get it?

He'd rather play in the best of those two conferences than just the AAC IF we're not going to the Big 12 is what I think he's saying in those posts... 

He doesn't think we will end up in the Big12 so HE WOULD RATHER US BE IN THE LEFTOVER CONF OF THE MWC/AAC. Is it just me? Help me out here people.

You do understand that that statement doesn't say he prefers the leftover conference to the Big 12, right? .... No, I guess you don't. I'm not sure what Balto has said previously but in these posts you're having trouble with it appears that he's saying we're not going to the Big 12 so his best case scenario is a MWC/AAC combo rather than just the AAC we're going to be in.

I believe I know Balto's stance better than anyone on here because I always tell him he's the ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THAT WAY ON THIS BOARD.

When there were talks of a split between P5 and the rest of FBS, Balto prefers us to be in the rest of FBS because he does not think we can afford to play with the P5.

If given the chance between the B12 and the AAC/MWC, Balto prefers us to be in the AAC/MWC.

Correct. I do not believe we can afford to play (and be competitive) in the B12. To me, it doesn't make sense. I sent Hem a LONG email months ago explaining exactly why I feel this way. As I recall, Hem did not necessarily agree with me, but I think he understood where I was coming from.

Making more money doesn't mean we'll actually have more money - it just means that we will be paying more money to keep up with the Joneses, which given the "windfall" we received as members of the BCS Big East, we proved we had a hard time keeping up then. 

I believe we would be fodder in the B12. Essentially, the same as we were in the BE. USF becomes nothing more than a recruiting trip for Texas and Oklahoma. 

That being said, I completely understand if the invite comes - we take it. 

To me, being in a D4 conference, if that's where the division ends up being with other, like-minded, urban-based research universities is preferable. I truly don't understand where we fit culturally into the B12. 

I will go further and state unequivocally, even if we were in the B12, we would not be playing for a national championship any time soon - if ever. Politics, branding and perception combined are too great of an obstacle to overcome, in my opinion.

What I would like to see, realistically, is what the bowl situation would be with a new, hybrid AAC/MWC conference. I do think the current AAC bowl situation sucks. I would hope that a hybrid conference would have their pick of both conferences bowls as well as the ability to snatch a "lower" P5 bowl.  

To some of you, being able to play for the mythical "national championship" is key and most important. For me, having the ability to travel to games nearby (I assume UCF, Memphis and ECU would be at the party) and having a realistic shot at a DECENT bowl - again, I am no fan of our current bowl line-up is what I'd like to have. 

If the D4 split happens and the AAC/MWC "cream" conference comes to be, I believe this is the best outcome.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I still believe in my heart of hearts we are not headed to the B12. The best case (and most likely) scenario is us being in the AAC / MWC merger of best available and the new amalgam being drafted into the D4, or whatever in the hell it will be.

Dude, how can you say that's the "best case scenario"? AAC/MWC will still be the Big East of BCS. A total laughing joke. Best case is for us in a legit conf.

Because I really don't think we are going to the B12.  Because honestly, I'd rather play the best of what the MWC has than several of the teams in the American as it is currently comprised.

I don't know if you were dropped on your head when you were a baby or something else happened to you, but if you would rather be in the AAC/MWC leftover scrub conf than the B12 you have major mental problems. Just sayin

You must have a reading comprehension problem ... BB's saying he doesn't think we're going to the B12 so he's giving his best case scenario in light of that ... at least that's what it looks like he's saying in those posts.

Maybe you have a comprehension problem. He said "I'd rather play the best of what the MWC /AAC...." Get it?

He'd rather play in the best of those two conferences than just the AAC IF we're not going to the Big 12 is what I think he's saying in those posts... 

He doesn't think we will end up in the Big12 so HE WOULD RATHER US BE IN THE LEFTOVER CONF OF THE MWC/AAC. Is it just me? Help me out here people.

You do understand that that statement doesn't say he prefers the leftover conference to the Big 12, right? .... No, I guess you don't. I'm not sure what Balto has said previously but in these posts you're having trouble with it appears that he's saying we're not going to the Big 12 so his best case scenario is a MWC/AAC combo rather than just the AAC we're going to be in.

I believe I know Balto's stance better than anyone on here because I always tell him he's the ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THAT WAY ON THIS BOARD.

When there were talks of a split between P5 and the rest of FBS, Balto prefers us to be in the rest of FBS because he does not think we can afford to play with the P5.

If given the chance between the B12 and the AAC/MWC, Balto prefers us to be in the AAC/MWC.

Correct. I do not believe we can afford to play (and be competitive) in the B12. To me, it doesn't make sense. I sent Hem a LONG email months ago explaining exactly why I feel this way. As I recall, Hem did not necessarily agree with me, but I think he understood where I was coming from.

Making more money doesn't mean we'll actually have more money - it just means that we will be paying more money to keep up with the Joneses, which given the "windfall" we received as members of the BCS Big East, we proved we had a hard time keeping up then. 

I believe we would be fodder in the B12. Essentially, the same as we were in the BE. USF becomes nothing more than a recruiting trip for Texas and Oklahoma. 

That being said, I completely understand if the invite comes - we take it. 

To me, being in a D4 conference, if that's where the division ends up being with other, like-minded, urban-based research universities is preferable. I truly don't understand where we fit culturally into the B12. 

I will go further and state unequivocally, even if we were in the B12, we would not be playing for a national championship any time soon - if ever. Politics, branding and perception combined are too great of an obstacle to overcome, in my opinion.

What I would like to see, realistically, is what the bowl situation would be with a new, hybrid AAC/MWC conference. I do think the current AAC bowl situation sucks. I would hope that a hybrid conference would have their pick of both conferences bowls as well as the ability to snatch a "lower" P5 bowl.  

To some of you, being able to play for the mythical "national championship" is key and most important. For me, having the ability to travel to games nearby (I assume UCF, Memphis and ECU would be at the party) and having a realistic shot at a DECENT bowl - again, I am no fan of our current bowl line-up is what I'd like to have. 

If the D4 split happens and the AAC/MWC "cream" conference comes to be, I believe this is the best outcome.

I agree and have said in the past that a move to the big 12 would be a disaster. look at WVU as an example. they dominated our conference, went to numerous BCS bowls and even had a shot at a NC. They will come nowhere near that in the big 12. they started as a top 10 team last year and finished with 7 losses.they will not be able to compete year in and year out with many of those programs.

they are near the bottom in resources and they are out on an island.

how long before their fans get tired of the 5 and 6 loss seasons? they can't realistically travel to away games. no more rivalries.forget about 6 conference titles and 3 BCS bowls in 9 years.

give me a conference where we can compete. if it's on a lower level then so be it. I don't want to join a conference where we might win 1 conference champ every 50 years.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

The problem is, if the B12 were to come calling, you can't turn them down... you would have to make that decision before you would have any way of knowing if the "best of the rest" conference would: 1) exist; and 2) be included with the "power" conferences for playoff consideration.  If you say no, and B12 were to poach, say, UCF and Cincy, with UConn leaving to the ACC, the "best of the rest" conference would likely never happen and we would be up **** creek without a paddle.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I would buy every last member here a beer if we met in person.

I guess we need to invite Hem to the secret board meetings where 150-200 members show up at that fancy bar down the street. Beers are $6.75 each.

I think I missed out on the better joke. Which is go say hi to Hem inside the stadium on Saturday, where beers are $10

Oh man....guess I won't be wearing my "Hem" jersey to the first game...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I would buy every last member here a beer if we met in person.

I guess we need to invite Hem to the secret board meetings where 150-200 members show up at that fancy bar down the street. Beers are $6.75 each.

I think I missed out on the better joke. Which is go say hi to Hem inside the stadium on Saturday, where beers are $10

Oh man....guess I won't be wearing my "Hem" jersey to the first game...

Come down to the BB lot, I'll give you a beer or a Monster and Vodka.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

The problem is, if the B12 were to come calling, you can't turn them down... you would have to make that decision before you would have any way of knowing if the "best of the rest" conference would: 1) exist; and 2) be included with the "power" conferences for playoff consideration.  If you say no, and B12 were to poach, say, UCF and Cincy, with UConn leaving to the ACC, the "best of the rest" conference would likely never happen and we would be up **** creek without a paddle.

it's all about money. the ones making the decision would not say no. it's already been proven that presidents and ADs care more about the money than the fans.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

My ideal scenario would be Texas, Texas Tech, OK and OK St. jumping to the Pac 12 and the Big 12 leftovers adding some of the AAC teams:

Baylor

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas St.

TCU

Houston

SMU

USF

UCF

Temple

Cincy

UConn

Memphis

WVU

This conference would give us a chance to grow as a university since there aren't any blue chip teams and we'd be able to contend. A man can dream...

Edited by CPR

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

My ideal scenario would be Texas, Texas Tech, OK and OK St. jumping to the Pac 12 and the Big 12 leftovers adding some of the AAC teams:

Baylor

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas St.

TCU

Houston

SMU

USF

UCF

Temple

Cincy

UConn

Memphis

WVU

This conference would give us a chance to grow as a university since there aren't any blue chip teams and we'd be able to contend. A man can dream...

BORING.

We need to play top caliber teams to be top caliber.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

Just my own useless opinion.

I DO NOT want to be in the Big XII.

ONLY because of the travel and the cities that they play in. Strictly selfish on my part.

IF the option is Big XII or any configuration of AAC/MWC - GO BIG XII!

What is wrong with the cities they play in? I agree that most arent as good as the Big East was and AAC is now (Memphis, Orlando, Houston, to drop a few), but I wouldnt say they are bad.

Depends on your desire to travel.

If we were in the ACC, I'd be doing a lot more traveling.

I have no interest in hopping a flight to Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas or Iowa to watch a football game.

For my selfish reasons, if U of SF does get absorbed, hopefully it would be in the ACC. 

I think most would agree that we are a better fit in the ACC than the Big 12. Sadly, I have not heard any USF to the ACC rumors in a long time.

Right now we can't be picky, we just need to improve our home. If that means lots of trips to Texas, then great, I'm in.

All of those reasons. And I'm not saying all Big XII cities are bad, just as all BE/AAC cities aren't good. Just me and my opinion.

100% agree, can't be picky. If we were invited to the Big XII, or if any one of the P5 called and said, "We would like to in..." that Judy would cut them off with "YES!" followed by "Where do I sign."