Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,946
  • Days Won:  436

I still believe in my heart of hearts we are not headed to the B12.

The best case (and most likely) scenario is us being in the AAC / MWC merger of best available and the new amalgam being drafted into the D4, or whatever in the hell it will be.

Dude, how can you say that's the "best case scenario"? AAC/MWC will still be the Big East of BCS. A total laughing joke. Best case is for us in a legit conf.

Because I really don't think we are going to the B12. 

Because honestly, I'd rather play the best of what the MWC has than several of the teams in the American as it is currently comprised.

I don't know if you were dropped on your head when you were a baby or something else happened to you, but if you would rather be in the AAC/MWC leftover scrub conf than the B12 you have major mental problems. Just sayin

You must have a reading comprehension problem ... BB's saying he doesn't think we're going to the B12 so he's giving his best case scenario in light of that ... at least that's what it looks like he's saying in those posts.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

I still believe in my heart of hearts we are not headed to the B12. The best case (and most likely) scenario is us being in the AAC / MWC merger of best available and the new amalgam being drafted into the D4, or whatever in the hell it will be.

Dude, how can you say that's the "best case scenario"? AAC/MWC will still be the Big East of BCS. A total laughing joke. Best case is for us in a legit conf.
 Because I really don't think we are going to the B12.  Because honestly, I'd rather play the best of what the MWC has than several of the teams in the American as it is currently comprised.
I don't know if you were dropped on your head when you were a baby or something else happened to you, but if you would rather be in the AAC/MWC leftover scrub conf than the B12 you have major mental problems. Just sayin
You must have a reading comprehension problem ... BB's saying he doesn't think we're going to the B12 so he's giving his best case scenario in light of that ... at least that's what it looks like he's saying in those posts.

Maybe you have a comprehension problem. He said "I'd rather play the best of what the MWC /AAC...." Get it? He doesn't think we will end up in the Big12 so HE WOULD RATHER US BE IN THE LEFTOVER CONF OF THE MWC/AAC. Is it just me? Help me out here people.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Days Won:  7

I still believe in my heart of hearts we are not headed to the B12.

The best case (and most likely) scenario is us being in the AAC / MWC merger of best available and the new amalgam being drafted into the D4, or whatever in the hell it will be.

Because I really don't think we are going to the B12. 

Because honestly, I'd rather play the best of what the MWC has than several of the teams in the American as it is currently comprised.

And the part that is really scary to me. Imagine being with the leftovers with Cincinnati, UConn and or UCF all out and in better homes. I am not saying this will happen, but - when people say the "leftovers" aren't that bad ... they need to consider that some of the best leftovers might not be there.

This board will explode if UCF somehow ends up in a better conference than us. Cincy and us, maybe, but UCF? Help us all. 

I do have a question though. What's the point of realignment if you're just going to make put all the big six schools into five conferences? There's no point in trying to consolidate if it's not really changing anything for the teams involved. Yes, the have nots will fall even further behind. But the haves will stay the same. The more things change, the more they stay the same? seems like it. 

Edited by bullsbucsfan426

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,946
  • Days Won:  436

I still believe in my heart of hearts we are not headed to the B12. The best case (and most likely) scenario is us being in the AAC / MWC merger of best available and the new amalgam being drafted into the D4, or whatever in the hell it will be.

Because I really don't think we are going to the B12.  Because honestly, I'd rather play the best of what the MWC has than several of the teams in the American as it is currently comprised.

Maybe you have a comprehension problem. He said "I'd rather play the best of what the MWC /AAC...." Get it?

He'd rather play in the best of those two conferences than just the AAC IF we're not going to the Big 12 is what I think he's saying in those posts... 

He doesn't think we will end up in the Big12 so HE WOULD RATHER US BE IN THE LEFTOVER CONF OF THE MWC/AAC. Is it just me? Help me out here people.

You do understand that that statement doesn't say he prefers the leftover conference to the Big 12, right? .... No, I guess you don't. I'm not sure what Balto has said previously but in these posts you're having trouble with it appears that he's saying we're not going to the Big 12 so his best case scenario is a MWC/AAC combo rather than just the AAC we're going to be in.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

You do understand that that statement doesn't say he prefers the leftover conference to the Big 12, right? .... No, I guess you don't. I'm not sure what Balto has said previously but in these posts you're having trouble with it appears that he's saying we're not going to the Big 12 so his best case scenario is a MWC/AAC combo rather than just the AAC we're going to be in.

Gotta remember, it's a lot more fun to just glance at a post, rather than read it multiple times and digest the content and context. Every second spent reading is a second wasted that could be better spent posting.

EX: Do you think USF is destined for the Big XII?

No.

If USF is not destined for the Big XII, what would be the optimum situation going forward?

To play in the Combo Pack AAC/MW [best of the Rest], instead of continuing play in the AAC [as currently configured].

Any other caveat?

The design that the Combo Pack be included in the P(5).  

That's how I interpret the above nested-quotes (can that be replaced with a select statement?  ;)  ). I think what may rub some the wrong way is the borderline blasphemous statement that Balto (and maybe some others who shall remain nameless) is of the opinion that the Big XII is not forthcoming, thus leaving U of SF a mid-major. Remember, there are some exceptionally sensitive people on here who don't cotton to the idea of their particular flavor of fantasies/rumor/conjecture/fiction suffering any type of disagreement.   

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Maybe you have a comprehension problem. He said "I'd rather play the best of what the MWC /AAC...." Get it?

He'd rather play in the best of those two conferences than just the AAC IF we're not going to the Big 12 is what I think he's saying in those posts... 

He doesn't think we will end up in the Big12 so HE WOULD RATHER US BE IN THE LEFTOVER CONF OF THE MWC/AAC. Is it just me? Help me out here people.

You do understand that that statement doesn't say he prefers the leftover conference to the Big 12, right? .... No, I guess you don't. I'm not sure what Balto has said previously but in these posts you're having trouble with it appears that he's saying we're not going to the Big 12 so his best case scenario is a MWC/AAC combo rather than just the AAC we're going to be in.

I believe I know Balto's stance better than anyone on here because I always tell him he's the ONLY ONE WHO FEELS THAT WAY ON THIS BOARD.

When there were talks of a split between P5 and the rest of FBS, Balto prefers us to be in the rest of FBS because he does not think we can afford to play with the P5.

If given the chance between the B12 and the AAC/MWC, Balto prefers us to be in the AAC/MWC.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Wow.  You guys really get along well.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

Wow.  You guys really get along well.

We get along as well as we have to in order to meet the minimum civility standards for the Bullspen.

Few things in life are as refreshing as heated debates over hypothetical scenarios backed by rumor and opinion.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  325
  • Days Won:  0

I will think positive and will hope that we (and UCF) will be part of P5 conference.   The conferences are getting into bed with the networks and the networks are dictating things by subscriptions.   The 1-4 corridor is just too big of a population to ignore ( and don't forget about the tourists and snowbirds).   Florida is just too big of a state just to limit P5 football to only 3 schools.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Wow. You guys really get along well.

We get along as well as we have to in order to meet the minimum civility standards for the Bullspen.

Few things in life are as refreshing as heated debates over hypothetical scenarios backed by rumor and opinion.

Sounds like my marriage

• Upvote 1