Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

AAC  is slightly over 1 million, under 2 million a year from TV,   Big 12 is 20 million a year from TV.  NO BRAINER.

Travel is no different than what we have now with the exception of UCF.  Or No different than what we had in the BE.  

Flight time is about the same to Texas as it is to UConn, RU, Cincy  if not shorter with less delays and issues due to Air traffic, weather ect in the NE.  I fly to the NE bi weekly and there are delays on a daily basis in and out of the NE.

The only real new travel complaint would be to get to Baylor or Texas Tech, which don't have good access to major airports.  So they would be expensive to get to or require an additional lengthy bus ride.  It's workable for an additional $18 million a year in TV revenue plus the increased revenue from selling tickets and merch from being in a real conference.

Even the Big East was barely a real conference.  I think the Big 12 would give an even bigger boost than we had in the BE.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Speaking of Ric Flair, anyone know where I could get a copy of the speech he gave, maybe 1997 - 1998ish where he was about to retire... but then flung his shoes into the crowd and handcuffed himself to the ring? This spawned the while Ric Flair "The President" thing.

Haha!! The best!

I wonder if its out on DVD somewhere, I'd love to have a high res copy.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

AAC  is slightly over 1 million, under 2 million a year from TV,   Big 12 is 20 million a year from TV.  NO BRAINER.

Travel is no different than what we have now with the exception of UCF.  Or No different than what we had in the BE.  

Flight time is about the same to Texas as it is to UConn, RU, Cincy  if not shorter with less delays and issues due to Air traffic, weather ect in the NE.  I fly to the NE bi weekly and there are delays on a daily basis in and out of the NE.

The only real new travel complaint would be to get to Baylor or Texas Tech, which don't have good access to major airports.  So they would be expensive to get to or require an additional lengthy bus ride.  It's workable for an additional $18 million a year in TV revenue plus the increased revenue from selling tickets and merch from being in a real conference.

Even the Big East was barely a real conference.  I think the Big 12 would give an even bigger boost than we had in the BE.

If we are talking football, no worries, Waco and Lubbock both have airports with runways long enough to land our charter.

But ... for all the other sports, Lubbock is an expensive animal.

I would imagine our Olympic sports will fly into Dallas for Baylor and bus in.

Kansas State is a bit of a bus ride from KC, but not too bad.

And Des Moines for Iowa State is expensive to fly into.

But ..... all minor issues compared to the up side.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

All travel expenses would eat up the additional 18million a year.

Oh It wouldn't?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

All travel expenses would eat up the additional 18million a year.

Oh It wouldn't?

Of course it wouldn't.  I was just pointing out, as Stuben pointed out it's a head ache of the Big 12, but a very minor and workable problem.

I know. I was just pointing out the silliness of the travel issue.

• Topic Count:  421
  • Content Count:  9,779
  • Days Won:  8

@trishagureczny6: A Big 12 source told ESPN's Joe Schad that Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Ok State are all poised to join Pac-10 as early as Tues

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

@trishagureczny6: A Big 12 source told ESPN's Joe Schad that Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Ok State are all poised to join Pac-10 as early as Tues

So why didn't Schad Tweet it?

If it happened that would leave Baylor, iowa state, kansas, kansas state, tcu and wvu. Wonder what would happen to those and who would get picked up by big 10. KU?

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Days Won:  7

If it happened that would leave Baylor, iowa state, kansas, kansas state, tcu and wvu. Wonder what would happen to those and who would get picked up by big 10. KU?

Maybe Baylor as well. They aren't the usual land-grand school but they're a quality academic school. I wouldn't be shocked to see them added.