Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

Add UConn to the list of schools that play off campus.

I don't know why they're not mentioned more, maybe they're technically on-campus, but I went to the 13-9 game a few years ago, and their stadium is in the middle of f$#@% no where. Awful stadium... maybe it was the loss that left such a bad taste in my mouth though...

Some teams have, "on-campus" stadiums that are remote, but they are considered part of the campus, even if it's not contiguous.  South Carolina is like that.

I also think that really the argument comes down to, is the college team the primary tenant. At Miami, UM is not, the Dolphins are. At East Hartford, UConn is the primary tenant.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

FBS teams that currently play in NFL Stadiums:

San Diego State - 47 seasons

Miami- 27 seasons

South Florida - 16 seasons

Pittsburgh - 13 seasons

Temple - 11 seasons

Tulane - 8 seasons

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Tulane has played in the Superdome for a lot longer than 8 years. I saw them play a game there in 1996.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Tulane has played in the Superdome for a lot longer than 8 years. I saw them play a game there in 1996.

Guessing that adjisted for the year they didn't play There due to Katrina.

They are getting their own on campus stadium I believe

Sorry, you're right it's been 38 seasons.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Guessing that adjisted for the year they didn't play There due to Katrina.

They are getting their own on campus stadium I believe

And the Glazers, who own the Bucs and Man. U, are paying for it.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

And some of you guys are really in denial that discussions are taking place behind the scenes.

It's one thing to believe that discussions are taking place.

Quite another to believe that these guys have access to the inner sanctum and that they are leaking inside dope. 

Why?  These guys have been right, and they've had the info far earlier than ESPN.

You really think that no one knows what is going on?  Please.  There are lots of people that know.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

And some of you guys are really in denial that discussions are taking place behind the scenes.

It's one thing to believe that discussions are taking place.

Quite another to believe that these guys have access to the inner sanctum and that they are leaking inside dope. 

Why?  These guys have been right, and they've had the info far earlier than ESPN.

You really think that no one knows what is going on?  Please.  There are lots of people that know.

They've been right EVERY time .... or they throw so much **** against the wall, some of it sticks?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Add UConn to the list of schools that play off campus.

I don't know why they're not mentioned more, maybe they're technically on-campus, but I went to the 13-9 game a few years ago, and their stadium is in the middle of f$#@% no where. Awful stadium... maybe it was the loss that left such a bad taste in my mouth though...

Some teams have, "on-campus" stadiums that are remote, but they are considered part of the campus, even if it's not contiguous. South Carolina is like that.

UConn's stadium is really off campus, like 45 miles off campus. UConn is in Storrs while they currently play football in East Hartford, in a community owned, taxpayer built stadium. The stadium was once the rumored home of the New England Patriots when talks for the Pats to get a new stadium broke down (years ago, before they eventually got the stadium).

You are right, it is very bleak, no color, no personality. The only thing your memory might be off, it is pretty close to downtown Hartford, so not really in the middle of nowhere.

Side note - first time USF played at UConn, it was before they were in that stadium, we played them on campus, where they basically had bleachers that could hold about 8,000 .... it was when both USF and UConn were transitioning between I-AA and I-A.

I was at that one too. Only time we ever best them on CT. JR Reed gave his wrist band to my son after the game.